Recipe to Make Quick Delicious Flan
A delicious flan is always perfect for an after dinner dessert. Today, you can learn how to make this quick and easy flan recipe.
Everybody loves a delicious flan. There so are many different recipes you could learn one every day for months. The intense flavor and creamy consistency is an invitation to enjoy this delicious dessert. Most likely you’re going to continue making this delicious recipe.
One of the most appetizing types of flan is one made of eggs, just like the one in this article. This flan is originally from Spain, but has been made into different variations in different countries. For example, in Argentina dulce de leche is added to it, which makes it even more irresistible.
Health Benefits of Homemade Flan
The first benefit that you’ll find in this delicious dessert is that it contains iron. You could say that a little more than 33% of it is made of iron, which is important for your metabolism, regulating your energy level, and for proper cell function.
Iron is an essential element for your thyroid gland, which is in charge of processing your cells’ cholesterol. As a nutrient, it also helps strengthen your hair, skin and nails. Flan is a food that contains a lot of sugar. However, its protein and minerals make it a food with good health benefits. In fact, if you’re looking to eat a delicious and healthy dessert, this could be one of your best options.
It’s a good idea to make it with skim milk in order reduce the amount of fat. Sugar gives you carbohydrates, which are important, especially if you have a busy routine or if you’re going to do a physical activity that requires energy. It’s better if you don’t use refined sugar. This dessert also contains other minerals such as calcium, which is important to strengthen your bones.
Ingredients for Homemade Flan
This is a recipe that will take you a little over an hour, but no matter what, it’s pretty easy to make. It will be the perfect dessert to surprise your family after lunch or dinner.
- 1 liter of milk
- 8 eggs (480 g)
- 1 cup of brown sugar (100 g)
- Vanilla extract to taste
- Caramel (you can make this with a half cup of sugar)
- Boil the milk with the sugar. Stir it constantly until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Put the mix to the side and let it cool until it’s at room temperature.
- Add the 8 eggs to a bowl and beat them. Add the drops of vanilla extract to your own liking.
- Once they have a good consistency, add the milk and sugar mixture and thoroughly beat them. Strain once the mixture is ready.
- Cover the bottom and sides of a mold with caramel, which can be made by heated sugar and water. Pour the mix in the mold and place it in a double broiler inside the oven.
- Cook it around 50-55 minutes. To check if it’s done, insert a tooth pick. If it comes out clean, your homemade flan is ready.
- Let it cool and then take it out of its mold.
There are different ways to serve flan. Usually, you can add caramel threads to give it a sweeter flavor. You can also serve it with dulce de leche or whipped cream.
Read this article too: How To Make Traditional Neapolitan Flan
As we mentioned earlier, flan has many variations. The one we shared with you today can also be called dulce de leche flan if you add the dulce de leche with milk and eggs. Of course, there is no need to add sugar to this recipe. In regards to its nutritional value, you would be adding a few more grams of fat, but it’s so delicious.
The most common flavor of them all is probably vanilla. It’s probably the easiest to make and always turns out delicious. In fact, your recipe can also be called vanilla flan due to the added vanilla. However, when it comes to properly making vanilla flan, it’s best to use vanilla beans instead of vanilla extract.
Go ahead and try this exquisite, easy-to-make dessert to surprise your friends and family members. If you like this recipe, try some of our other recipes that are also easy to make and delicious.