Varicose veins are dilated veins that, in general, appear in the lower part of the body due to poor circulation.
These indicate that the blood is having interference returning to the heart normally. This is because of an inflammatory imbalance or due to the fact that the valves that allow blood to pass are weakened.
This has always been considered an aesthetic problem, given that the veins are red in color or bruised.
Besides, when it comes to health they can be an issue since they can cause the feeling of heaviness. P0or circulation can cause pain and other uncomfortable symptoms.
Luckily, practicing certain habits can lessen the risk of having varices. This is especially true when starting a routine at an early age.
In this article we would like to share 6 key tips for their prevention.
Read on to find out what they are!
Prevent Varicose Veins with These Tips
1.Control your body weight
The appearance of varices is one of the principal consequences of being overweight or obese.
The excess pounds impede the blood from moving normally through the veins. This causes the inflammation in the capillaries.
- Control the consumption of calories and fat in your diet.
- Base your diet on fruit, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Exercise regularly, a minimum of 30 minutes per day.
- If obese, follow the recommendations of a physician.
2. Wear comfortable shoes
Wearing comfortable shoes, wide and with a soft sole can be a determinant in preventing circulatory interference in the lower part of the body.
Heels that are too high weaken the valves that regulate the passage of blood through the veins, which is conducive to retention and inflammation.
- Avoid wearing high-heeled shoes. Their height should not exceed two inches.
- Wear low shoes most of the time with thick soles and some type of ventilation.
3. Increase your water consumption
People who don’t drink enough water daily tend to suffer more from circulatory problems in comparison with those who consume an adequate quantity of water.
This liquid is vital for body functions and helps to maintain your blood in perfect condition. It also facilitates its return from all parts of the body to the heart.
- Be sure to drink between 6 and 8 glasses of water a day.
- If you have problems drinking this much, replace the water with fruit flavored water, infusions or juices
Avoid wearing tight clothing
Even though it’s hard to believe, wearing clothes that are too tight can influence the appearance of varicose veins and spider veins.
Wearing jeans, skirts, and other clothing that is too tight, interferes with the circulation of the legs. With times, this provokes the aesthetic problems.
- Wear clothing with loose fabric that is soft and ventilated.
- When buying pants or similar clothing, choose the correct size for your body.
See this article: Can tight clothing harm your health?
5. Elevate your legs to prevent varicose veins
Something as simple as elevating the legs can improve circulation to prevent the occurrence of these inflamed veins.
This exercise facilitates the return of the blood through the upper part of the heart. After time, this promotes relaxation for tiring situations.
- When possible elevate the legs for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Do this at the end of the workday.
- Put this into practice if you have been in the same position for most of the day.
6. Avoid consuming too much salt
Salt is one of the ingredients that is used most in the kitchen. This is found in many foods. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to eliminate it from the diet.
What many people don’t know is that, used in excess, it causes many health problems. One of these conditions is varicose veins.
This produces an alteration in the levels of inflammation due to the retention of fluids. Because of this, varices and cellulitis appear.
- Limit your consumption of salt. Replace it with other healthy spices.
- Read the food labels in the supermarket to find out the salt content.
- Opt to use sea salt or Himalayan salt in minimal quantities as a condiment.
Do you worry about the appearance of these veins? Follow the recommendations given and do them as part of your routine as a preventative method.