Raisin Water for a Liver Cleanse
Have you ever heard about the benefits of raisin water? It’s amazing and an excellent addition to your diet, especially for promoting good liver health. In these articles we often recommend simple and natural remedies to detox and strengthen your liver, and today we want to talk about one in particular that is guaranteed to give you great results.
So what’s the big secret behind raisin water? It stimulates particular biochemical processes in the liver that help it detox your bloodstream more effectively. The benefits of raisin water mostly come from the grapes themselves, which you might already know about. If you follow this treatment for four days straight, you’ll notice your digestion improves and you have much more energy. Would you really miss out on this opportunity?
Do you know what the benefits of raisin water are?
Doctors often recommend that you eat raisins in the morning to take better care of your heart, eliminate bad cholesterol, lower your triglyceride levels, and prevent constipation or an upset stomach.
Raisins are a natural source of vitamins and minerals, but those benefits are increased tremendously if you consume the water that they are soaked in. This is because the sugar content is reduced, and you’re still obtaining an excellent medicinal remedy for the liver.
Let us explain!
A natural source of antioxidants
It’s important to keep in mind that raisins are one of the best natural sources for antioxidants. All you need to remember is that they’re just dried grapes, which are a fruit that’s rich in bioflavonoids that help protect you from free radicals and strengthen your defenses against disease.
Raisins and raisin water have been traditionally used to prevent the occurrence of various heart and liver diseases. It’s worth keeping in mind.
Helps detox the body
As you already know, both the liver and the kidneys are essential organs that cleanse your blood, removing the toxins and heavy metals that accumulate in the body and can ultimately make you sick. But sometimes these important functions are inhibited by poor dietary choices, eating too many fatty foods, or bad daily habits.
Drinking raisin water for four days straight at least once a month will help your liver better perform its functions, especially when it comes to detox, and you’ll notice its benefits during those times that you feel heavy or notice that your digestion is slow or painful.
Aids in digestion
Drinking raisin water is a simple but effective method to purify the bloodstream and stimulate good liver function, and it also improves your digestion. It promotes the segregation of stomach acids, helping you process your food better and absorb the nutrients. You’ll begin to notice these benefits around two days after starting your raisin water regimen.
How do you make raisin water?
- 2 cups of water (400 ml)
- 150 grams of raisins
- First of all, we recommend that you choose your raisins carefully. Ignore the very bright, shiny ones, because their gloss is not natural and is actually the result of chemical treatments that are applied to make them appear more attractive. Search for raisins that are darker in color, and neither too hard or soft. Choose whole raisins, and make sure they’re also clean.
- Wash the raisins, then set them aside.
- Heat the two cups of water to a boil. Add the raisins and allow them to simmer for 20 minutes. It’s simple. But this isn’t all you need to do, as the raisins need to continue to soak in this water overnight.
- The next morning, just strain off the water from the raisins and heat some of that delicious water back up. You can drink it warm or hot, however you like, but it’s most important that you drink it on an empty stomach right after waking up. Then wait 30 to 35 minutes before eating breakfast.
- Ideally you’ll do this for several days in a row, and at night leave everything prepared to drink your raisin water the minute you wake up the next morning.
- Remember to follow this regimen for four days, at least. Always choose the darkest raisins in color, and make sure they haven’t gone through any processing that could be harmful for your health. Buy organic raisins or get them from natural stores where you know they haven’t been grown or treated with chemicals and pesticides.
- You can use this treatment once a month, and it has no side effects. What’s most interesting is that you avoid the high sugar intake that is normally found in raisins. If you also follow a diet that’s low in fat and includes plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables you’ll promote better liver health overall, and raisin water makes an excellent complement to your routine.