Problems with Gastritis? Know the Best Remedies to Treat Gastritis
Even though each body reacts differently to different foods, if you have gastritis, you need to avoid fried foods as well as tobacco and alcohol so that your condition doesn't get worse.
Gastritis is a disease that’s very common today. It happens because of the modern diet, and it’s characterized by an inflammation of the gastric mucosa.
It usually comes with many digestive pains. Severe or not, they shape your diet and lifestyle.
In this article, you can discover effective remedies for curing gastritis naturally.
Treat gastritis with diet changes
To prevent and cure gastritis, you need to have a balanced and rather strict diet. If you don’t do this, you’ll see the consequences almost instantly.
Even though there are different intensities of gastritis, for all of them we recommend the following:
- Get rid of bad habits, tobacco, and alcohol
- Don’t eat sausages or fried foods.
- Reduce the amount of refined flowers and sugars you eat.
- Reduce your coffee and tea consumption as much as possible.
- Control your portion sizes. Try to make sure that you don’t eat too much. It’s better to eat several meals of smaller amounts over the course of the day.
- Watch your consumption of spicy foods.
- Control your stress and nervousness. These can also make gastritis worse.
- Don’t eat or drink anything that’s too cold or hot.
- Chew all of your foods well.
Foods that are rich in flavonoids
All inflammation is related to an excess of acidity in your body.
Because of this, you should eat more vegetable based food. These should be fresh with a high alkalizing power.
Especially, we recommend foods that are rich in flavonoids. These are the main antioxidants that give color to the following foods:
- Red fruits.
Nine days of potato and oil
An old recipe that grandmothers know is a solution for many digestive diseases. This includes ones that cause pain and discomfort every time you eat.
It consists of drinking a combination of the following for nine days:
- Half a glass of raw potato juice
- Two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Mix the two ingredients well and drink them in the morning for breakfast. You should drink it at least half an hour before eating breakfast. You can repeat this every month.
If you make your own potato juice, it’s important that you make sure that the potatoes don’t have any eyes or buds. This is because these can be toxic.
If you don’t have a blender you can grate the potato and put it in a cloth. Then, press it to get the juice out.
White clay is the best alternative to pharmaceutical antacids. This is because it’s very effective and it doesn’t have any negative health reactions.
However, people with high blood pressure or constipation should avoid taking clay.
- 1 teaspoon of white clay
- 1/2 cup of water
- With the help of wood or glass utensils, mix the white clay with half a glass of water.
- Don’t use any metal or plastic utensils. This is because they take away its therapeutic effect.
- Take the clay between meals.
The tree plants
This remedy is a good thing to do once in a while for prevention. And, it’s also good for relief when you have gastritis.
For three days, you should only eat the following foods:
Also, you can include apples in your diet during this short period.
You can eat them different ways, just not fried. These ways include: boiled, baked, raw, or blended. You can dress them with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt.
Apple and carrot juice
This delicious homemade juice is based on apples and carrots. And, many people drink it because they like the combination of sweet flavors. This juice has a calming and healing effect on your digestive mucosa.
Because of this, it’s an excellent juice to drink every day in the morning or before meals.
Oil and lemon
When you get up every morning, there is a treatment you should try. eat a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil with a few drops of lemon juice. This will give you several good health benefits, like:
- Increase your liver function.
- Encourage bowel movements.
- Balance your digestive pH level.
- Prevent gastritis.
Cabbage juice is just like raw potato juice. It’s a powerful natural alkalizing agent.
This balances the acidity that causes gastritis without changing your gastric juices. These should always stay acidic for you to have good digestion.
You can take a little cabbage juice by mixing it with water. This should always be done on an empty stomach and about 10 minutes before each meal. This remedy reduces your pains and heals your digestive mucosa.
Main image courtesy of © wikiHow.com