Prevent and Treat Symptoms of Foot Fungus
Most people underestimate the importance of their feet and only begin to pay attention to them when there are already problems with them. We want to show you some remedies you can use to prevent and treat symptoms of foot fungus in a natural way. Keep reading!
Fungus infections, also known as mycosis, cause a very uncomfortable itchiness that can really bother the person that has it. Besides affecting the feet, it also affects your toenails and can even result in the total destruction of them.
To prevent and treat the symptoms of foot and toenail fungus, it is very important to take good care of your feet and, most importantly, to give them proper hygiene every day. Keep in mind that places like pools, sports clubs, and your shoes are the main causes of this problem.
How to prevent foot fungus
To prevent foot and toenail fungus, just perform hygiene care on them everyday, especially when you put on your shoes.
- Be careful about public showers: sports clubs, gyms, pools, campsites, etc. tend to have very busy public showers. In these areas, due to high humidity, there is more of a risk of contracting fungus on your feet and toenails. That’s why it’s very important to wear shower shoes, and upon arriving to your home, to wash your feet very well.
- Always dry your feet well: Humidity and heat are two conditions that increase your risk for foot and toenail fungus. Whenever you wash your feet, it is also important to dry them very well, especially in between your toes. It’s also recommended that you dry them frequently if you suffer from excessive sweating.
- Hydration: on summer days, the skin on your feet tends to suffer more abuse than in any other climate. To prevent cracks on your feet, it’s very important to hydrate them well everyday by using moisturizing feet cream.
- Talcum powder: using talcum powder in your shoes as well as on your feet is great for preventing toenail fungus. Choosing an antiperspirant talcum powder is important for those people who suffer from excessive sweating.
- Shoes: to prevent fungus, it’s recommended to choose shoes that have ventilation because they allow your feet to breathe.
- Use a specific, personal towel for your feet: this is a vital tool for the everyday cleanliness of your feet. You should have a personal towel for your feet only. After you use it, you should let it air dry so that it dries well and so the fungus doesn’t spread on it.
How to treat symptoms of foot fungus
In general, fungus affects your feet and toenails at the same time. Luckily, there are several natural remedies that can help you reduce and get rid of this problem so you can have healthy feet.
This ingredient has shown very positive results in the treatment of problems like the well-known athlete’s foot, blisters, toenail fungus, and other infectious feet problems. Just mix equal parts of water and white vinegar in a bowl and submerge your feet for 15 minutes.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil can help noticeably to treat symptoms of foot fungus. Just apply a few drops every day to your feet or mix tea tree oil in water and soak your feet for 10 minutes.
Garlic is known for its antiseptic, antibiotic, and disinfectant properties, that can help fight the symptoms of foot fungus effectively. Crush a little bit of garlic and put the paste in the area affected by the fungus. Wrap it with a bandage and leave it on all night.
Another option is to apply garlic oil on the infected area a few times a day.
Lemons are another food with antiseptic and disinfectant properties that can effectively aid in the fight against foot fungus. The only thing you have to do is rub a lemon on the infected area. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off with a little bit of water.