Hair loss is becoming a more and more frequent problem among men and women nowadays, because there are a lot of factors that influence it that we are exposed to every day and even more so if we don’t pay a lot of attention to it. In general, up to 100 pieces of hair can fall out every day, which is considered normal. However, the concern tends to appear when we see that our hair falls out too often and in large amounts.
When you notice that you are experiencing hair loss, you should identify the reason for why it is happening. Factors like climate, stress, anemia, poor diet and circulation, genetics, etc. are some of the main reasons why people can suffer from hair loss. Would you like to know how to prevent hair loss?
Tips for Keeping Your Hair Healthy and Preventing Hair Loss
- If you notice that your hair has lost vitality and it falls out constantly, it is very important that you stop using irons, dryers, and anything else that subjects it to excessive heat. These types of tools tend to be a cause of hair loss and when your hair is weak, it can affect it even more.
- Having a proper and balanced diet plays a very important role on your hair’s health. Nutrition deficiencies tend to cause hair loss by making its structure weaker and causing it to break. We recommend having a diet rich in vitamin A, B, biotin, vitamin C, copper, iron, zinc, protein, and water.
- Tight hair styles in women is another cause of hair loss. These kinds of things cause a side effect called traction, that makes your hair fall out as a consequence.
- It is very important to rest well and sleep. Studies have shown that people who sleep well tend to lose less hair. Fatigue and tiredness are other factors that can produce hair loss.
- The use of strong chemical products can weaken your hair and scalp a lot, which is therefore another huge cause of hair loss. The constant use of dye and strong shampoos makes your hair lose vitality. We recommend avoiding their use and choosing natural products.
- In general, we wash our hair every day, which is unnecessary. Hair can stay clean for days and we should take advantage of that to let it rest from moisture and the products you use.
- Before doing any hairstyle, it is very important that your hair is dry. Wet hair causes the capillary pores to open and as a consequence, there will be more hair loss.
- Although you may not believe it, exercise plays a very important role in regards to your hair’s health. Doing consistent physical activity stimulates circulation, even for your scalp.
- Avoid any kind of stressful situations and/or concerns. These factors influence hair loss and can even turn into the main cause o fit.
- When you have consistent hair loss, we recommend going to a dermatologist so that they can identify the specific reason and recommend a proper treatment.
Natural Remedies for Hair Loss
We recommend scrubbing your scalp with aloe vera crystals to stop hair loss.
Onion and Lemon
In order to prevent hair loss, you should mix equal parts lemon juice and onion juice. Then, gently scrub this into your scalp. Let sit for 15 minutes and rinse.
Scrub coconut milk into the roots of your hair to strengthen it and prevent hair loss. This will also stimulate it growth and shininess.
Cod Liver Oil
Cod liver oil prevents and notably reduces hair loss. Just scrub the oil onto your scalp at night time and let sit until the next day.
Tomatoes help fight hair loss and reduce it notably. Grind a tomato with clove and then use the paste to rub through your scalp for 10 minutes.