How to Prevent Foot Fungus
Fungus refers to microorganisms that are present all year round, although especially in summer because the heat and humidity create a favorable environment for their growth.
The areas in which fungus general appears are the feet, armpits, and groin. If you are overweight, the areas where there are folds due to excess fat are also attacked. This is because these areas tend to stay damp because of an increase in sweating or not drying the skin well after bathing.
There are different medications to use to eliminate and prevent fungus. Your doctor will tell you the proper treatment after evaluating your situation and we will also provide a few recommendations below.
- Avoid walking barefoot on wet surfaces. Don’t share shoes, clothing, or towels.
- If you are used to going to the pool or beach, don’t keep wet clothing on for a long time.
- Dry your body well and pay special attention to the area between your toes, your groin, and any folds. Don’t use strong friction. It is better to firmly support the towel on the areas in question and do gentle pats until all the moisture is gone. It is not good to hurt your skin because it can become more vulnerable to the fungus.
- If your feet sweat, it is much better to use anti-perspirant talc. Your socks should be cotton in order to prevent the retention of moisture and heat.
- Another possible option is to use a blow dryer for the area between your toes.
- Have good hygiene for your whole body. Avoid clothing that does not allow proper ventilation. Tight pants increase the temperature and moisture in the vaginal area, which facilitates fungus from happening.
- Use neutral pH soaps preferably. As a result, you will have cleanliness that does not hurt your skin, which helps fight microorganisms more effectively.
- Never get a pedicure without using your own tools. It is the perfect time to get infected with annoying fungus. Invest in your health and always use your own tools.
You should suspect that you have fungus if your skin becomes red and is itchy.
If you have good health, fungus should not cause bigger problems, but if your defenses are weakened, you should take greater care. These microorganisms are very dangerous to people with cancer, diabetes, etc.
Natural Remedies for Fungus
Salt is very effective in the fight against fungus. If you have them in any part in your body, it would be best to take a bath with warm water and a cup of salt.
Another way would be to make a paste with baking soda and a little bit of water. Put it on the area with fungus, let dry, and then rinse and dry softly.
Garlic is also a huge ally to get rid of fungus. You can add it to your meals or eat garlic capsules or pills.
Ginger is another valid option. You can add it to your meals or eat it in infusion form.
You can also submerge your feet in warm water with salt and apple cider vinegar.
You should also be sure to reduce your consumption of sugar because this favors the growth and development of fungus. It is important to stress that if you have a disease in which your immune system is altered, it is even more necessary to see a doctor when you suspect that you have fungus. In this way, you will avoid negative and dangerous health consequences.