Prevent Bloating and Detoxify with This Salad
If you want to avoid indigestion at night, we recommend eating this salad in the afternoon.
We’ve all experienced the sudden onset of a heavy, bloated stomach. You can’t button up your jeans and you feel tired, lacking in energy and uncomfortable.
These types of symptoms are normally caused by a buildup of toxins, as well as poor nutrition, a sedentary lifestyle, or simply by a stressful, anxiety-filled day. But don’t worry, all these problems are easily overcome by improving your lifestyle habits.
You’ll notice a vast improvement by making just a few simple changes like exercising a little more, drinking more water, giving yourself some personal time, and above all, taking better care of yourself by eating a balanced diet. One way to do that is by including this delicious salad in your diet.
A salad to prevent bloating and detoxify the body
How can we prevent bloating and detoxify the body at the same time? In reality these are part of the same problem: fluid retention and a buildup of toxins. What should we do?
- Eat foods that are known for their detoxifying properties.
- We need to eat foods that balance fluids in the body and control our sodium intake, which causes fluid retention.
- Eat foods high in potassium and other electrolytes which help purify the blood, eliminate toxins and decrease inflammation.
Which foods prevent bloating and help detoxify?
- Onions: Onions are essential in any detox diet. Why? They’re both diuretic and purifying, promoting the elimination of retained fluids and optimizing liver and gallbladder function. And don’t forget that the sulfur compounds in onions (which are also responsible for their strong smell) possess an interesting antibiotic effect.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is king in any detoxifying and weight loss diet. They’re hydrating and filling.
- Watermelon: Watermelon goes well with salads. It’s rich in vitamin C, B vitamins, potassium, and licopene, all of which are essential in purifying and reducing fluid retention.
- Avocado: Avocado is rich in monosaturated fatty acids, which are vital to heart health and good circulation. It’s delicate flavor makes it a great addition to salads. Who doesn’t like avocados?
- Parsley: Parsley is a well-known natural remedy for purifying and strengthening the kidneys. It helps remove toxins from the blood. Don’t be put off by its strong and bitter taste. It’s a gift to your health.
- Feta Cheese: We’re going to toss in a few cubes of feta cheese to your salad for its vitamins, protein and minerals that make it nutritious and healthy. This strong tasting cheese provides phosphorus, B complex vitamins, folic acid, vitamin A, vitamin K, selenium, zinc, magnesium and iron. It’s perfect!
- Tomatoes: Who doesn’t like tomatoes? They’re purifying and an essential part of any weight loss diet. Don’t forget to include them in this delicious salad to prevent bloating and detoxify the body.
Recipe for a delicious salad to prevent bloating and detoxify the body
Ingredients for two servings
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 10 cubes feta cheese
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Black pepper to taste
- Start by washing everything.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into slices, then chop the onion and parsley.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, if you like, that way they’ll catch more of the dressing and be more flavorful.
- Peel the avocado and remove the pit and cut into chunks.
- First add the tomatoes, the onions, cucumber and parsley to a bowl and toss until well mixed. Then add the dressing (the oil and vinegar).
- Due to their more delicate consistency, add the feta cheese and avocado last. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste. We know you’ll just love this delicious salad!
When is the best time to eat this salad? It’s usually best for lunch or your midday meal. Salads often don’t digest well in the evening hours, especially if they contain onions. But just go by how your body feels.
If you eat this salad two to three times a week and follow a low-fat diet and drink plenty of fluids, you’ll deflate the abdomen and cleanse the body.