Prevent and Fight Against Psoriasis with these 7 Natural Remedies
As well as trying out these natural remedies, it's really important to control your stress levels, since they can also trigger outbreaks of psoriasis.
Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition which is difficult to treat and tends to get worse with age. Almost anything can trigger a breakout or an aggravation of psoriasis, such as a particular food, stress, or a sudden change in the weather.
In this article, discover the 7 best homemade natural remedies for preventing and combating against psoriasis. With patience and persistence, you’ll be able to deaccelerate the disease from progressing or notice a significant improvement.
It would be good to remind yourself of the possible influential factors if you’re going to make a natural treatment for psoriasis.
As in any health condition, you should have a healthy diet and your nervous system needs to be balanced. You should also avoid poisons sucha as tobacco or alcohol and get regular exercise.
A Good Diet
The diet is important for combating against psoriasis, since it may be one of the main causes.
Both the foods you eat and how you eat them are habits you should try improving gradually. This could be a good way to calm this disease.
- Increase your natural food intake (fruits, greens, legumes, nuts, and seeds).
- Avoid consuming refined flours.
- Swap white sugar for natural sweeteners (stevia, coconut sugar, honey, etc.)
- Eat fewer ready-meals, fried foods, and packaged foods.
- Avoid dairy products.
Nerves and Stress
Nervous conditions like anxiety or stress can also have an influence on psoriasis. They can cause a sudden breakouts of inflammation and itching.
Therefore, it’s really important to naturally keep your nervous system balanced. Here are some tips that may help:
- Do physical exercise two or three times per week.
- Get a good night’s sleep every night.
- Try Bach flowers.
- If necessary, use relaxing medicinal plants such as relaxants (lemon balm, passionflower, lime).
Remedies for Psoriasis
1. Clay and Cucumber Poultice
Clay is a really healthy natural product for treating psoriasis in three ways:
- Reduces inflammation.
- Absorbs and eliminates skin toxins.
- Provides minerals.
However, clay can also dry out the skin, which isn’t great for psoriasis.
For this reason, we recommend you mixing it with cucumber juice instead of water. This way, the poultice will moisturize, freshen, and soothe the skin.
2. Licorice Bath
Licorice has a similar effect to cortisone without any of the added side-effects.
Therefore, it’s an excellent natural remedy to use in a relaxing bath, especially if you suffer from psoriasis.
3. Sea Water
Sea water is one of the simplest and most inexpensive natural remedies you can use. Its mineralizing power along with its antiseptic and alkalizing properties, make it a great choice to apply to the skin.
- The best alternative would be swimming at the beach. Nevertheless, you can also apply it as a spray.
4. Carrot Poultice
Carrots are rich in antioxidants. They are really beneficial for all types of skin problems.
- For this reason, you can grate it, wrap it in some fabric, and apply it on the affected area.
- You need to be persistent and do it every day to see the benefits.
5. Aloe Vera Inside and Out
Aloe Vera is an indispensable plant. You can boost intestinal function by consuming it as a juice. The intestines are strongly linked to psoriasis and you should make sure you are having bowel movement.
Aloe Vera also makes an ideal topical treatment which soothes, hydrates and regenerates skin.
6. Flax Oil
Flax Oil contains essential Omega-3 fatty acids which are excellent for the skin, and especially psoriasis. They nourish the skin from the inside and prevent dryness and itching.
- You can take it in pill form or as ground seed. However, remember that it oxidizes easily.
7. Coconut Oil and Geranium Oil
Extra virgin coconut oil is very effective for controlling psoriasis due to its fatty acid content.
If you mix it with essential geranium oil, you get a natural product that nourishes dry skin, aids dermis regeneration, and reduces inflammation.