Prepare Your Skin for a Natural Finish Makeup
To achieve a natural finish makeup, it’s important to know how to prepare your skin in advance. This allows you to conceal imperfections and, incidentally, helps leave your skin softer and more protected before applying cosmetic products. How should you do it?
It isn’t necessary to be an expert to put into practice a series of habits that leave your skin radiant before applying makeup. It’s enough to observe what your skin needs and what the most appropriate products are for your case. You can discover some tips below.
How to prepare your skin for a natural finish makeup
To prepare your skin for a natural finish makeup, you don’t need special products. While there are special creams and foundations for this very purpose, you can actually use the basic products of your normal beauty routine.
You simply have to pay attention to the peculiarities of your skin. Watch out to see if it produces a lot of oil or sebum, scaly areas, and pimples or enlarged pores, among other imperfections or blemishes. Also, check for allergies or the presence of wrinkles. After that, you can prepare it in the following way.
Undoubtedly, proper cleansing is the first step to achieve a natural finish makeup. It doesn’t matter if you removed your makeup the night before. Although you don’t notice it, the skin eliminates toxins and oil through the pores during the night, which is why you need to cleanse it again.
- Firstly, choose a product that’s suitable for your skin type (either a soap or cleansing milk).
- Then, massage the product all over your face, focusing on the problem areas (blackheads or excess oil).
- Remove the residue with a damp cloth or tepid water.
- Finally, dry by patting your face with a towel.
You shouldn’t over-use exfoliants, as their components could irritate the skin. However, it’s advisable to use them once or twice a week, since they help minimize blemishes. Their components deeply clean the pores and leave your skin smoother.
- Scrub an exfoliant all over your face with circular massages.
- Leave on for five minutes, rinse, and dry.
- If you want, use a natural exfoliant. For example, you can make one at home by combining honey and coarse sugar.
To have a fresher face and a natural finish makeup, you should complement cleansing with the use of a facial toner. Due to its properties, this product minimizes the shiny appearance of the skin caused by excess oil and enlarged pores. In addition, it tones and reduces flaccidity.
- Firstly, dampen a cotton ball or cloth with a facial toner. You can replace this product with cucumber or rose water.
- Then, rub it in gently across your face.
- Let your skin absorb the product without rinsing.
The application of serums has become popular among people who want a long-lasting, natural finish makeup. This product, which can be natural or commercial, contains nutrients that adapt to each skin’s needs: expression lines, acne, or blemishes, among others.
- Take a few small drops of serum and rub it on the problem areas of your face.
- Massage it in for a few seconds, until the skin absorbs it well.
To choose a good moisturizer, it’s essential to know how to identify your skin type. This is because some contain more oily compounds than others, which can be harmful to people who have oily skin.
- Firstly, take a small amount of moisturizer with your fingertips.
- Next, rub it in gently across your face.
- Avoid applying it to the eye contour area, since this skin is thinner and requires other products.
- Finally, wait for about five minutes before applying your makeup.
This article may also interest you: Make Your Own Makeup Remover Cream with These 3 Recipes
Supplements for a natural finish makeup
The last thing you can take into account for a natural finish makeup are the supplements that allow the skin to be more uniform and smooth. We’re talking about products such as primer, foundation, and concealers, which help conceal blemishes or redness.
It’s essential that you apply them correctly since lumps can be quite unsightly. To facilitate this, you should use makeup sponges or brushes. They help blend the product properly.
Finally, you can use other products, such as:
- Compact and translucent powders
- Eye shadow (natural shades)
- Mascara and eyeliner
Do you apply these tips during your makeup routine? Keep them in mind from now on! Although it takes a little more time, it’ll allow you to care for your skin and enjoy a more natural look.It might interest you...