Three Weight Loss Beverages Made with Green Tea
Given that green tea is a diuretic, it helps eliminate retained liquids and therefore, aids in weight loss. It's for this reason that many consider it a slimming beverage.
When it comes to weight loss, many people include green tea beverages in their diet due to their diuretic properties that, in a way, help them achieve their goal.
Green tea is a drink with a long history and today is synonymous with an attractive figure and optimal weight. It’s not a miracle ingredient and doesn’t burn fat as many people claim. However, it can be an ally to eliminate retained fluids and reduce swelling if incorporated in moderation to a healthy lifestyle.
Below are three recipes for you to make your own green tea drinks at home and start taking advantage of its benefits. Don’t miss them!
Three weight loss beverages made with green tea
1. Green tea-ginger-lemon weight loss beverages
The hot infusion of green tea, ginger, and lemon is a rather tasty option to enjoy during the colder months of the year. Now, as far as weight loss is concerned, note that both green tea and ginger contain anti-inflammatory properties that influence the deflation of the abdomen. Thus, it reduces some of the volume that makes you feel heavier than you actually are.
Similarly, ginger has digestive properties.
Some people believe that combining these three ingredients isn’t only tasty but comforting and energetic so it makes it easier to carry out your daily activities.
- The juice of 1/2 limes
- One tsp of grated ginger
- 1 c. of water
- 1 tsp of green tea
- Boil the water
- Add the green tea and ginger
- Turn the temperature down and let it steep for two to three minutes
- Then, remove it from the stove and let it brew at room temperature for ten to 15 minutes
- Strain the infusion and add the lemon juice
- Drink in moderation, preferably 45 minutes after one of your main meals
2. Green tea-avocado-banana shake
Creamy and with a sweet touch, this smoothie is a perfect way to complement your breakfast or to have as a mid-morning snack. It’ll give you all the energy you need to start your activities.
- 3 almonds
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ ripe avocado
- ½ c. of water
- 1 tsp of green tea
- Firstly, boil the water, then remove it from the heat and add the green tea
- Then, let it brew for ten to 15 minutes and then strain it
- Transfer the infusion to a blender
- Then, mix it with the avocado, banana, and almonds
- Whisk to a homogeneous texture
- Finally, serve and consume it in moderation
Read these Six Surprising Reasons to Eat Avocados
3. Green tea and mint infusion
Refreshing, light, and diuretic, this infusion will help you improve digestion after a main meal. This is because it’ll help you excrete any retained fluids and thus, reduce the volume of your abdomen.
- 1 c. of water
- ½ tbsp of green tea
- ½ tbsp of mint leaves
- Optional: 1 tsp of honey
Preparation and mode of consumption
- Boil the water and add the green tea and mint leaves when it boils
- Then, allow it to boil on low heat for two or three minutes
- Then, remove it and let it steep for ten more minutes, and strain
- Finally, sweeten it with honey, if you wish
Merge your green tea weight loss beverages with healthy lifestyle habits
Keep in mind that these green tea drinks can help you lose weight, in a way. However, you must maintain other good lifestyle habits in order to achieve your goal.
Finally, eat healthily, exercise daily, follow your doctor’s recommendations and always take care of yourself, not only to look good but to feel good. Health should be your number one priority!
Note: green tea drinks should be preferably consumed 45 minutes after one of the main meals. This is so that the tea won’t impair the absorption of other nutrients.