Coconut Water Kefir Recipe to Improve Your Health
Preparing your own coconut water kefir is very beneficial and simple. Get the ingredients and follow this easy recipe to start enjoying its properties every day!
Do you want to learn how to make coconut water kefir? Then read on. By doing so, you’ll be able to prepare this healthy food and enjoy its benefits at home.
Kefir is a probiotic product. To put it in a nutshell, this drink is the result of fermentation. This process allows a number of bacteria beneficial to health to grow.
Kefir grains, which are used to make kefir, look similar to cauliflower. However, they’re much softer and gelatinous. Besides, they have more medicinal properties.
The main microorganisms they contain are as follows:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus. This is a type of bacterium.
- Kluyveromyces marxianus. This is a type of yeast.
However, these may vary depending on two factors:
- the region kefir comes from
- the culture method producers use to make it
The traditional recipe uses cow’s milk. This acquires a flavor and texture similar to those of yogurt.
Nevertheless, kefir can also be made with coconut water. This gives kefir an extra boost of essential minerals. What’s more, kefir made with coconut water has fewer calories than the traditional one.
Try it out!
Coconut Water Kefir to Improve Your Health
As we said before, coconut water kefir is a fermented food. It’s much healthier when made with unheated, unprocessed coconut water.
This kefir is a great ally of yours. It promotes the well-being of your whole body. During the fermentation process, natural sugars are transformed into lactic bacteria. After they’re absorbed, these bring many benefits to your gut.
In addition, coconut water kefir is a source of essential minerals. For example, it contains potassium, sodium and magnesium. These are necessary for proper cellular hydration and adequate muscular and cerebral function. Furthermore, these help the renal system work smoothly. Thus they facilitate the elimination of toxins and metals that form stones and obstructions in its ducts.
The antioxidants in coconut water kefir also contribute to improving blood supply around your body. Thus they optimize the cellular oxygenation process and cardiac functioning.
In fact, coconut water kefir is a good supplement to drink to control cholesterol levels and high blood pressure. These properties are due to its vitamin E and fatty acid content.
Finally, its healthy bacteria balance the microbial flora of the intestine. In this way, this kefir strengthens gut defenses and increases the intestinal capacity to deal with the harmful microorganisms that attack the body.
You might like: The Amazing Benefits of Thyme Tea
How to Prepare Coconut Water Kefir
To enjoy all the benefits of coconut water kefir, you only need to follow a few simple steps to make it at home.
Make sure you get the water directly from real coconuts since commercial coconut water products don’t usually have the same properties.
- 1 liter of coconut water
- 100 grams of kefir grains
- Glass jar
- Put the kefir grains in a glass jar and then pour in the coconut water.
- Cover the product and leave it in a cool, dark place for 48 hours.
- After this time, you’ll notice that the kefir grains will have risen to the surface.
- Strain the mixture and store the grains in the fridge so that you can reuse them.
- Ferment the kefir for 2 days and then drink it or remove the cover from the jar. This’ll prevent it from exploding due to the accumulation of gases that occur during the fermentation process.
How to Drink Coconut Water Kefir
- You can drink coconut water kefir on its own, or you can combine it with nuts and berries to give it a more pleasant taste.
- Ideally, you should drink it on an empty stomach so that its nutritional properties act during the whole day.
- You can also drink a small amount of it when you feel tired or when you’re craving food.
Read this article: 7 Reasons Why You Should Eat More Nuts
Things to Remember!
Kefir grains can be reused as many times as you want
Therefore, after preparing the drink, follow these tips:
- Put the kefir grains in half a liter of water with two tablespoons of sugar.
- Leave them for 2 to 4 days, occasionally removing the lid.
- Remove the grains and combine them once again with coconut water.
As you can see, preparing your own coconut water kefir is very beneficial and simple.
Get the ingredients quickly and follow this simple recipe to start enjoying its properties every day.
Although its effects aren’t immediate, over time, you’ll begin to feel that your body is healthier.