How to Prepare a Lentil and Avocado Tarte
A lentil and avocado tarte is an ideal recipe for those who wish to follow a vegan or vegetarian diet. In fact, it’s perfect for diets where the objective is to lose weight. Since it’s low in calories and very satisfying, it can help you take care of your figure.
What makes it so special? Well, basically, its main ingredients are full of very beneficial nutrients. In general, this dish is an important source of dietary fiber, healthy fats, proteins, and vitamins, and minerals. Go ahead and try it!
Lentil and avocado tarte: a recipe for the whole family
The preparation of this lentil and avocado tarte is a good option for those who are trying to reduce their consumption of meat or animal products. The ingredients it combines are 100% plant-based and contain such important nutrients as B-complex vitamins, proteins, folic acid, and fiber.
The most interesting thing is that the whole family can enjoy it, as its flavor is delicious and it combines perfectly with other foods, both for lunch or dinner. Besides, preparing it doesn’t take a lot of effort, since you only need to follow a few simple steps.
The nutritional properties of lentilsLentils stand out as one of the healthiest legumes. They’re an important source of complex carbohydrates,
Before going into detail about the preparation of this lentil and avocado tarte, let’s go over the main nutritional properties of lentils. As you may have already heard, they’re one of the most nutritious legumes you can find.
Every 100 grams of lentils provides the following:
- 116 calories
- Total fat 0.4 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Potassium: 369 mg
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Vitamin A: 8 IU
- Vitamin C: 1.5 mg
- Calcium: 19 mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.2 mg
- Magnesium 36 mg
- Iron 3.3 mg
The nutritional properties of avocadoAvocado is an important source of fatty acids, proteins, vitamins, and minerals. You can include it in many recipes.
Without a doubt, avocado is one of the best ingredients you can add to vegan and vegetarian recipes. Although many overlook it, it’s a plant-based food that provides important amounts of protein, healthy fats, and minerals. In fact, every 100 grams of this fruit contains:
- 160 calories
- Total fat: 15 g (Saturated fatty acids 2.1 g, polyunsaturated 1.8 g, and monounsaturated 10 g)
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Potassium: 485 mg
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 146 IU
- Vitamin C: 10 mg
- Calcium: 12 mg
- Iron: 0.6 mg
- Magnesium 29 mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.3 mg
Recipe for preparing a lentil and avocado tarte
Are you ready to delight your whole family with this lentil and avocado tarte? If you’re convinced of all its benefits, don’t hesitate to follow the steps below for its preparation. The recipe below will make two servings, but you can increase the quantities as required.
- 1/2 cup of raw lentils (100 g)
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- Lemon juice (a few drops)
- 1 medium tomato
- Kombu seaweed (about 5 cm)
- Lamb’s lettuce shoots
- Pumpkin seeds (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Extra virgin olive oil (as needed)
- First, boil the lentils – according to the instructions on the packaging – with Kombu seaweed (which will help prevent gas and bloating).
- Then, peel the tomato and cut it into several small cubes.
- Next, mix it with the lentils and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then, cut the avocado into several cubes and add a few drops of lemon, salt, and pepper.
- You can also add a few drops of olive oil if you wish.
To assemble the tarte…
- First, look for a tarte or pie container. Then, make a layer of lamb’s lettuce.
- Next, add the avocado and press it down gently with a spoon so that it sets without being too creamy.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and the mixture of lentils and tomato.
- Once again, use a spoon to level the ingredients and then let the tarte cool in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- To finish, turn the container over on a flat plate and take it out carefully so that it doesn’t lose its shape.
Remember that you can add more flavor to the recipe with a vinaigrette if you want. Also, if you prefer, you can accompany it with a few slices of toast. So, give it a try and make it a part of your regular diet!It might interest you...