Potatoes with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
What’s better than cooking for the people you love? However, sometimes you run out of ideas. Don’t worry, because here’s perfect dish for you: potatoes with mushroom sauce. Sounds delicious, doesn’t it?
We suggest this recipe because we think it combines healthy ingredients that don’t affect the diet. In addition, it’s a special dish that we can take into account for a family celebration, or simply to get out of the routine.
Why you should prepare potatoes in mushroom sauce
First of all, it is a 100% homemade recipe, in which only ingredients of natural origin are used. On the one hand, we have potatoes, which, according to a study published in Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, has a great nutritional value. It stands out for its content of:
- Vitamin B, especially niacin, pantothenic acid, folate, and vitamin B6, also known as pyridoxine.
- Minerals like manganese, phosphorus, copper, potassium, magnesium and iron.
- Fiber and protein.
Moreover, we use delicious mushrooms, which aren’t far behind in terms of nutrition. The data published in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), reveal that they contain copper, potassium, folic acid and niacin. They also provide vitamins C, D and E.
Potatoes with mushroom sauce
Potatoes are one of the most widely used foods in culinary traditions worldwide. That’s why there are so many ways to enjoy them, as they can be prepared to anyone’s taste. In this case, we cover them with a delicious mushroom sauce whose flavor is enhanced with spices such as pepper and parsley.
Take a look at this recipe too: Mushroom Casserole Recipe
- 1 pinch of salt.
- 1/2 onion, chopped (50 g).
- 1 pinch of black pepper.
- 3 boiled potatoes, skin on (450 g).
- 1 cup of mushrooms (120 g).
- 1/4 cup of cream (60 ml).
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, preferably olive oil (45 ml).
- 3/4 cup of warm milk (180 ml).
- 2 tablespoons of flour (60 g).
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley (60 g).
- Slice the mushrooms. You could also use pre-sliced mushrooms. Whichever you prefer.
- It’s better to use fresh, as canned mushrooms are processed.
- Heat the oil in a pot on low heat and sauté the chopped onion (5 to 10 minutes). We recommend using olive oil.
- Once transparent, add the mushrooms and stir. This is important for the flavors to mix.
- Add the flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Next, add the milk and keep stirring. The milk is key in this recipe, as it makes it creamy.
- When the milk is hot to the point of starting to boil, add the cream in order to make it creamier. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Be careful how much pepper you use because some people don’t like their food too spicy.
- As soon as the potatoes are boiled in their skins, cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- When everything’s ready, just pour the mushroom sauce over the potatoes.
- Garnish with parsley to give it a fresh, appetizing look. For special occasions, potatoes with mushroom sauce go wonderfully with wine (either white or red).
The recipe of potatoes in mushroom sauce is a guaranteed success. Your guests will be satisfied and happy thanks to the exquisite taste and texture of this dish.It might interest you...