If you’re in the mood for something creamy and savory, then this potatoes with mushroom sauce recipe is perfect for you. It’s great for everyday meals as well as special occasions.
What’s better than cooking for the people you love? However, sometimes you run out of recipe ideas. Don’t worry, because here is perfect dish for you: potatoes with mushroom sauce. Sounds delicious, doesn’t it?
You should know that potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin B, especially niacin, pantothenic acid, folate, and vitamin B6, also known as pyridoxine. Potatoes also contain minerals like manganese, phosphorus, copper, potassium, magnesium, and iron. Plus, they give your body energy.
They’re also full of antioxidants and help your body perform certain important jobs: protecting your liver, preventing anemia, supporting your immune system, and acting as a diuretic.
Now, continue reading to learn how to make a delicious potatoes with mushroom sauce recipe and share it with your friends and family. Besides being very healthy and delicious, it’ll also keep you satisfied for hours.
Potatoes with mushroom sauce
Potatoes are one of the most widely used foods in culinary traditions worldwide. That’s why there are so many ways to enjoy them. While some people don’t like mushrooms, they can easily be substituted with chicken or vegetables. The idea is to try new things and experiment until you come up with a recipe you love.
Since mushrooms are low in calories (only 30 calories per 100 grams), they’re great for anyone trying to watch their weight or shed a few pounds.
An appetizing, healthy meal doesn’t have to be merely a dream or something only the most skilled chefs can make. Everyone can make one, as long as you have the right ingredients, amounts, and cooking times.
Just follow the steps and recommendations below. See for yourself how really easy it is to make potatoes with mushroom sauce!
Take a look at this recipe too:
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 onion, chopped (50 g)
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 3 boiled potatoes, skin on (450 g)
- 1 cup of mushrooms (120 g)
- 1/4 cup of cream (60 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, preferably olive oil (45 ml)
- 3/4 cup of warm milk (180 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of flour (60 g)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley (60 g)
- Slice the mushrooms. You could also use pre-sliced mushrooms from the store, whichever you prefer. It’s better fresh and not canned or otherwise processed.
- Heat the oil in a pot on low and saute the onion for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once transparent, add the mushrooms and stir to let the flavors mix.
- Add the flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Next, add the milk and keep stirring. The milk is key in this recipe, the ingredient that makes it so creamy.
- Once boiling, add the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, but be careful with how much you use because some people don’t like their food to be too spicy. It’s just for a bit of flavor.
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- When everything’s ready, just pour the sauce over the potatoes.
- Garnish with the parsley to give it a fresh, appetizing look. For special occasions, potatoes with mushroom sauce goes wonderfully with wine, either white or red.
Make this recipe and you’re guaranteed a success at the dinner table. Your dinner guests will leave satisfied and happy thanks to this recipe’s exquisite flavor and texture.