Tips for a Healthy Colon and Weight Loss
In addition to the effects of poor overall nutrition, the health of your colon and liver can also be affected by times of high stress, anxiety, and worry.
Being overweight can be caused by a number of factors. Sure, sometimes genetics, stress, or thyroid imbalances can cause you to put on those extra pounds, but you should also remember that it’s vital to keep your liver and colon clean and healthy.
Surely you’ve been through a time when no matter what diet you tried, you saw no results. Your metabolism seemed to slow down, making it impossible to get rid of that fat that accumulated in the abdomen and hips. What can you do? Always trust the advice of your doctor and nutritionist. But in today’s article, we want to give you some good tips that will help improve the situation.
Relationship between a healthy colon and a healthy weightYour body is prone to many changes in hormones and the metabolism throughout your life. It’s normal to experience times when you find that it’s harder to lose weight, or you may put on a few pounds without really knowing why. You might start following a very strict diet but still not lose weight, leaving you feeling discouraged, hungry, and generally unwell.
Why is this? Changes in the body’s metabolism affect both your liver and your colon. You need to try to tackle the problem from another perspective, so rather than “eating less,” focus on “eating well” to improve your lifestyle and physical and emotional health.
Here we’ll give you some clues that will clearly indicate when your colon is unhealthy, signaling that you need to make some big changes:
- Abdominal swelling
- Gas, general malaise
- Constipation alternating with diarrhea
- A headache that’s not alleviated by painkillers. This is because your liver and colon are “saturated,” unable to process the drugs and making them less effective
- White coating on the tongue, especially accompanied by a bitter taste in the morning
- Times of day when you feel hungry but are unable to eat. Variations in eating habits over long periods of time will negatively affect your overall health
Some guidelines for cleansing your colon and promoting weight loss
1. In the morning
As soon as you wake up, you should try one of the following three remedies on an empty stomach. It’s best to consume these for 10 days in a row, and then take a week off. If you prefer, you can alternate the treatments. They’re easy to prepare and will help the body detox, strengthening your colon and liver, balancing your pH, and helping provide you with the vitamins you need:
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (20 grams) mixed with a few drops of lemon juice
- 1 glass of warm water with the juice from half a lemon
- 1 glass of water with a tablespoon of baking soda (20 grams) mixed with the juice of half a lemon
2. For breakfastNever skip your breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day, getting your metabolism started and helping you lose weight. Here are a few very healthy options:
- Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of flaxseed or linseeds, an apple, and a cup of green tea
- Papaya juice and a bowl of oatmeal with almonds
- Cranberry juice with rye toast and olive oil, and a hardboiled egg
- Greek yogurt with kiwi or pear
- Grapefruit juice and a spinach omelet
3. The importance of drinking two liters of water a dayIt’s essential that you drink plenty of water every day – this helps your body rid itself of toxins and improve liver and kidney function. It’s easy to drink those eight recommended glasses a day, and if you add a little lemon juice to your water it will make the experience more enjoyable.
4. The best teasThese five teas are great for cleansing and revitalizing your colon, and they go well with lunchtime. Take note of the following medicinal infusions:
- Mint tea
- Thyme tea
- Tea with sage
- Tea with anise
- Chamomile tea
5. A treatment to strengthen and cleanse the colonYou should take this treatment twice a week in the morning or afternoon. It’s delicious!
- 1 nopal cactus pad
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel (20 grams)
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Start by preparing the cactus and the aloe. Boil a cup of water and add the aloe and cactus to cook or about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the orange juice.
- Blend all ingredients until you get a homogenous liquid. Add a little honey if desired. You’ll be amazed how much better you feel!
6. Be careful of the followingThere are lots of things you can change in your life to fight weight gain and take better care of your liver and colon. In addition to improving your diet, you need to also take care of your emotional health. Pay attention:
- Try to better manage your emotions, anxiety, worry, and stress, because they directly impact the function of many of your bodily organs – like the liver and colon.
- Change your lifestyle – go out and take a walk for half an hour every day, make sure your relationships are positive and healthy, and leave the unhealthy ones behind.
- Eliminate fats, processed sugars, and prepared meals from your diet. They cause inflammation and can exacerbate other health problems.
Start today to begin feeling better and fight weight gain!