Natural Prevention of Osteoporosis
Your diet can help you prevent osteoporosis. Read about what foods and treatments are good for you here.
Osteoporosis is a condition that affects your bones and is caused by the disintegration of bone cells. It also involves the degradation of proteins and mineral salts, such as calcium, that make up the bone matrix. It’s a condition that especially affects women during and after menopause. It’s important to learn about the natural prevention of osteoporosis.
For natural prevention of osteoporosis, you should be careful what you eat, first and foremost. Make sure to incorporate the necessary nutrients for your bones. Aside from that, you should maintain an active lifestyle. Avoid the consumption of tobacco, alcohol, coffee, and refined sugars and foods.
The emotional explanation
Louise Hay, posits that emotional explanations can explain each ailment. According to her, in the case of the natural prevention of osteoporosis, you have to tackle support. The sufferer of this condition feels they lack support in life, according to Hay. People who are of the same opinion believe that a personalized homeopathic treatment or a Bach Flower Remedy can help. Remember that emotions are linked to diseases.
Proper bone nutrition
Natural medicine offers plenty of alternatives for supplementing nutritional deficits of the bones. Here are some examples:
See Also: Natural Remedies for Treating Bursitis
- Organic liquid silicon: Some say this supplement restructures the bone and gives it flexibility. As for the joints, proponents claim it allows them more freedom of movement.
- Schüssler salts – calcium phosphoricum: This homeopathic salt helps you to better absorb calcium and does not interact with any other medicine. You can take two pills three times a day, separate from meals, for at least three months.
- Schüssler salts – Silicea: This one can be added when you feel pain, sensitivity, or have a tendency towards fractures.
- Dietary minerals: Specialists recommend taking Manganese-Cobalt, Fluoride, Magnesium, and Phosphorus.
- Vitamin D: If you are lucky enough to live somewhere sunny, you should be fine on the Vitamin D front if you just spend a bit of time in the sun each day. The best time to get sun is at its lower intensities, such as early in the morning or before sunset. If you are not so blessed, you can take Vitamin D as a supplement.
Recommended foods for the natural prevention of osteoporosis
Despite what you may have heard, dairy products are not the best choice for the natural prevention of osteoporosis, since the calcium they contain is actually quite difficult to absorb.
You should also be particularly careful with foods that prevent you from absorbing or maintaining proper calcium levels, such as white sugar and coffee.
- Sesame: has more calcium than milk and is much easier to absorb. You can take it raw in powder form or in toasted powder form. It’s also good in the form of raw sesame oil or even tahini. This is a sort of sesame paste. People use it in Middle Eastern cooking). Tahini can be mixed with water, lemon, cinnamon, and honey. This will make for a delicious sesame beverage. We can also use it to batter things.
- Cooked carrots: carrots are much richer in calcium when you cook them than when they are raw.
- Maca: this plant boasts a ton of calcium and iron and, in addition, is a great hormone regulator. People with hypertension and people with over-active immune systems, however, should exercise care.
- Horsetail: very rich in silicon. You can take two or three small cups daily.
- Seawater: This is a natural and well-balanced supplement. You can find it in herbal or diet shops. We recommend taking a tablespoon before each meal.