Diet cravings - oatmeal, linseed and sesame
Sometimes, we're unsure of the best snacks to eat when we're on a diet. Here, we'll show you three ingredients that give your body nutrients and that will also help you lose weight by fighting those frustrating cravings.
There are products that have innumerable properties for our body and that you can include in your diet for your cravings as snacks.
Some of the best ones, in addition to being economical, are oats, flaxseed and sesame seeds, which provide infinite benefits to the human body.
One of the main qualities of these three products is they promote weight loss, in a healthy way. But, they have many other health properties.
It is worth keeping in mind that dieting can be difficult and one of the main problems is it leads to anxiety. You must be clear in that the best thing to do if you’re trying to lose weight, is to go to an endocrinologist. Only they can tell you how to go about it.
So today we present you an ideal option to lose weight in a healthy manner and, at the same time, calm your cravings: oatmeal, flaxseed and sesame cookies.
The advantages of this snack on your diet cravings
The benefits of oats
Oatmeal has a high fiber content that contributes to the cleansing of our body. In the same way, it helps avoid cholesterol problems, according to this study carried out by the Quadram Institute Bioscience in the UK. Also, it helps you control the level of blood glucose.
On the other hand, oatmeal is an ally to improve digestion. This is because it facilitates intestinal transit thanks to its fiber contribution.
This does not count on the fact that its content of slow-absorbed carbohydrates allows you to feel satiated for a longer time, as stated by the information obtained from the European Institute of Dietetics, Nutrition, and Health (DYN).
Read also: Heart Health – Oats and Apples
Some believe it would help reduce the effects of thyroid gland problems (regulator of metabolism), as it contains iodine. This is particularly important in a weight loss diet because some excess weight is the result of a thyroid malfunction.
However, there’s no scientific evidence to support this assumption.
The properties of linseed to sate your diet cravings
Flaxseed is a seed that has a lot of beneficial minerals for the body.
Among other things, it has a high fiber content, which helps regulate blood pressure, blood sugar and contributes to better digestive functioning.
Flaxseed has high values of Omega 3, which prevents cardiovascular disease, as stated in this study by Brown University. It also contains B vitamins and other essential minerals.
The properties of sesame seeds
Sesame is a rich source of minerals such as potassium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, calcium, and vitamins B and E.
Among its qualities, we can mention:
- It helps prevent cholesterol. This as stated by this research conducted by the University Hospital «General Calixto García» (Cuba).
- Stimulates proper arterial function. It prevents the development of atherosclerosis, as stated in this study by the Central University of Florida.
- Improves bowel function according to this study conducted by the Hindu Banaras University which also ties it to the prevention of intestinal parasites.
- It contributes to the good state of the nerves and prevents cognitive decline. This as stated by this research conducted by the Institute for Health Care Science of Kyoto in Japan.
Sesame has also been used to treat osteoporosis, according to this study by Mansoura University in Egypt, which makes it one of the most beneficial seeds.
End your diet cravings with oatmeal, linseed and sesame cookies
Next, we’ll show you a great recipe for controlling cravings while you diet. It’ll give you all of the benefits that we previously mentioned.
Plus, you’ll get them all in just a single cookie, in addition to it helping you calm your food anxiety, which is common when you are subjecting yourself to a diet regimen.
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 c. sugar (50 g)
- 1 tsp. vanilla (7 ml)
- 1 c. of oatmeal (230 g)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder (3.5 g)
- 1 tbsp. soaked linseed (15 g)
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds (15 g)
The steps to make these cookies are very simple:
- You just have to mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Then, take a small amount of the dough with a spoon and put it on a pre-greased baking sheet.
- In order for them to bake properly, you should pat the cookies down a bit.
- Then, bake them for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Some final notes
Ideally, these cookies should have all three of these ingredients. However, don’t stop yourself from making them if you don’t have all of the ingredients.
No matter what, what you have to have are the oats, because they give the cookies their consistency as they don’t contain wheat flour.
Make sure the linseed is soaked if you’re going to use it. This is because it’s very difficult for our bodies to digest. So, before using it, we recommend that you grind it up a bit.
Finally, you should toast the sesame seeds for the best results.