Four Oatmeal Breakfast Ideas to Speed Up Metabolism
An oatmeal breakfast is very practical because it’s easy to prepare. It’s also cheap and very nutritious. On the other hand, it also helps you to lose weight.
Oatmeal is a food that can speed up metabolism due to that fact that it contains multiple vitamins and minerals. These help to regulate levels of sugar in the body.
Due to this function, the body takes advantage of this more efficient way of utilizing food.
The Benefits of an Oatmeal Breakfast
Oatmeal is a grain rich in soluble fiber that causes a feeling of immediate fullness. Because of this, it’s beneficial if you want to prevent overeating or eating unnecessary quantities of foods high in calories.
Also, this type of fiber reduces the absorption of cholesterol in the blood. Regular consumption helps to prevent cardiovascular problems, especially those related to the heart.
To be sure to get the benefits of these breakfasts with oatmeal, it’s recommended not to include too many ingredients in the preparation and to opt for a natural preparation, which includes just the oats. This way, you’ll be sure to exclude unnecessary, unhealthy foods that can overpower the effects of the oats.
Let’s take a look at some of the best oatmeal breakfast ideas.
1. Oatmeal with apples and cinnamon
The first oatmeal breakfast is delicious, sweet and creamy. That’s why it’s ideal to begin cold days with this one.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 apple cubed apples
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- First, in a medium pan mix the almond milk, the oats, the cinnamon, and the maple syrup.
- Stir occasionally to prevent the mixture sticking to the pan.
- Keep on the heat until all the milk is almost all absorbed.
- Then, take off the heat, add the apple pieces and stir.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon over the oatmeal and enjoy.
2. Cinnamon and raisin cookies
With this recipe, you’ll be able to make 30 cookies. We recommend that you limit yourself to 4 or 5 cookies for breakfast.
If you don’t care for raisins, you can always use your preferred fruit: walnuts, hazelnuts, cranberries, dried apricots, etc.
- 3/4 cup of wheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of natural apple juice
- 2 cups of quick oats
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- oil in spray form
- 1 egg
- Prepare the pan for the oven with the oil spray and put aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
- When the mix is creamy, add the apple juice and 1/3 cup of water.
- Then, stir until well mixed.
- After, refrigerate for two hours
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Bake the mix for 15 minutes in the oven (or until the cookies are hard).
3. Pear, ginger and oatmeal smoothie
Maybe you’re not a fan of cooking, but you would like to try an oatmeal breakfast. In this case, try this delicious smoothie.
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of recently grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons of oats
- 1 ice cube
- 1/2 cup of natural low fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 pear
- In a blender, blend all of the ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
See this article: Four Ways to Lose Weight with Oatmeal
4. Oatmeal with Strawberries and Cream
One of the most popular flavors and most consumed recipes of prepared oatmeal includes strawberries and cream.
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of natural rolled oats
- 1/2 stick of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- In a small pan, add the water, cinnamon and oats.
- Cover the pan and wait for the water to boil.
- When it reaches the boiling point, turn down the heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the strawberries with the balsamic vinegar.
- Mash the berries to get a puree and add the yogurt, the vanilla, and the honey.
- Mix all the ingredients and set aside.
- When the oats have absorbed all of the water, add the strawberry puree.
- Keep on the heat for two minutes, than take from the heat and serve.