Naturally Purify Your Body in 3 Days
Just like we take showers, wash our clothes and brush our teeth every day, our bodies need to be periodically cleansed from within. One simple way to start doing this is to drink a glass of cold water when you get out of bed and when you're getting ready to go to sleep.
Due to the foods we eat, we add a number of toxins to our bodies throughout the day. If we add stress, environmental pollution and the various problems around us to this situation, it becomes clear that our bodies are being filled up with negative substances that need to be removed from time to time. In the following article, learn how to naturally purify your body in just 3 days.
Why should I cleanse my body?
Just like we shower, wash our clothes and brush our teeth every day, our bodies need to be periodically cleansed within. You should do a detox in order to get rid of the toxins and chemicals from the refined flour, sugar, fried foods and animal products (meat and dairy) that you consume every day.
Additionally, purifying your body is a necessary process because most of us lead a sedentary lifestyle and are daily exposed to environmental pollution, stress, altered emotional states and worries.
This process can go on for a number of years, weakening your organs and your body in general. That’s why we tend to suffer from certain illnesses, feel tired, get stomachaches, get colds once a month, or look in the mirror and see that our reflection looks pale and washed-out. If you are able to understand these signs as a signal sent by your organism, you should start paying a bit more attention to your body.
Although the best thing you could do would be to start eating a raw vegan diet, not everyone is up for that kind of challenge. You don’t need to deprive yourself of the foods you love, but you should try to eat healthier and make fast food the exception to the rule. That way, your body will start to naturally get rid of the toxins that have built up inside it, letting you lead a healthier life.
How to purify or cleanse your body
Consume organic products
You’ve surely got a local market that sells organic fruits, vegetables and other foods. Although these products are a bit more expensive than the conventional products at the supermarket, they are of higher quality because they don’t have the fertilizers, pesticides and growth hormones that traditional products contain. If you have some extra space in your back yard, try starting a small garden to plant your own natural foods.
Drink a lot of water
Water hydrates your organs and, when you urinate, allows you to get rid of waste that has built up in the body. You should drink at least two liters of water per day (eight glasses). If it’s hot outside, you’re playing sports or having a very hectic day, increase that amount of water. We suggest drinking a glass of cold water when you get out of bed and another when you’re getting ready to go to sleep. You can also hydrate by eating fruits and vegetables with high water content, such as apples, watermelon, tomatoes and cucumbers, or try drinking natural, sugar-free fruit juice and teas, especially green tea.
Eat more fiber
The main benefit of fiber is similar to that of water: it allows us to eliminate toxins, in this case through our feces. Fiber improves digestive function, prevents constipation and allows the body to get rid of all the preservatives and waste that build up in the digestive tract. Oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, seeds, nuts and fruit will provide you with plenty of fiber.
Don’t drink coffee or alcohol
These two beverages are extremely popular, but they’re not good for our organism because they force the liver and kidneys to work harder, damaging them and causing illnesses like obesity and diabetes. Although one glass of wine is fine with dinner, we recommend limiting your alcohol consumption to that amount. In terms of coffee, try to get your hands on natural coffee instead of the industrial kind.
Consume purifying foods
Some of the most recommendable foods for purifying your organism are lemons (mix the juice with water), beets (they have lots of fiber), garlic (gets rid of pathogens that cause disease) and dandelion (use it to make tea or add a few raw leaves to a salad).
3-day diet to purify your body
- For breakfast, eat 250 grams of chopped fruit, a cup of skim yogurt, two tablespoons of wheat bran or oatmeal, five tablespoons of wheat cereal and a cup of green tea without sugar.
- At mid-morning, prepare 200 grams of fresh fruit or 30 grams of nuts and two glasses of water.
- For lunch, have a raw or cooked vegetable salad, 200 grams of fish, chicken or turkey (not fried), a cup of brown rice and two glasses of water.
- In the afternoon, 200 grams of fresh fruit and two glasses of water.
- For dinner, have a bowl of vegetable soup, a cup of yogurt and two tablespoons of wheat bran.
- For breakfast, have a glass of pineapple juice with one tablespoon of flaxseed, a slice of whole wheat toast with low-fat cheese and a cup of chamomile tea.
- At mid-morning, have half of a sweet potato and a cup of green tea.
- For lunch, prepare a cup of brown rice, a grilled fish filet and a salad with lettuce, tomato, celery and radish.
- At mid-afternoon, eat a bit of fruit, and for lunch, a bowl of creamed vegetables and a cup of gelatin.
- For breakfast, have a cup of pineapple juice, a bowl of skim yogurt and a slice of whole wheat toast with ham or turkey.
- At mid-morning, eat a handful of nuts.
- For lunch, make pasta salad with whole wheat noodles, broccoli, carrots and peas, along with 200 grams of chicken or turkey (not fried).
- In the afternoon, have a piece of fruit, and for dinner, prepare a piece of fish with lemon juice.