Easy, Effective Natural Remedies with Pineapples
Pineapples contain incredible amounts of vitamins and minerals, along with qualities that make them excellent at detoxing your body and flushing out excess fluids.
In addition to being diuretic and detoxifying, pineapples are also full of vitamins (in particular, C, B1, B6, folic acid) and minerals (sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, manganese and iron).
Pineapples contain a very large percentage of water by weight, and a significant amount of fiber too. This, added to the fact that they’re very low in calories, makes them a perfect fruit. Much of the health benefits of pineapple are due to an enzyme called bromelain. This enzyme improves digestion and has the ability to destroy intestinal parasites.
They’re one of the tastiest tropical fruits in the world. Their sweet, refreshing taste makes them great for the whole family. Plus, pineapples are rich in antioxidants and essential nutrients that your body needs.
Don’t forget that your body accumulates a large amount of toxins and waste as a result of a poor diet, pollution, and chemical products. Luckily, pineapples have the ability to remove harmful substances from your body.
Why is bromelain so good?
Bromelain in pineapple has anti-inflammatory, antithrombotic, antiedematous and fibrinolytic properties. In fact, because of how effective its anti-inflammatory action is, it can be used to treat everything from acute sinusitis to a sore throat, arthritis and gout.
Pineapple is rich in antioxidants (vitamin C, iodine, magnesium, phosphorus and calcium). In addition to reinforcing your body’s natural defenses, they also have a positive effect on thyroid and nerve cells.
The high content of vitamin C in pineapples means they’re able to counteract the damage that free radicals has on your body, which can lead to things like atherosclerosis, heart disease and diabetes.
Natural remedies with pineapples
If you want to enjoy the sweetness of pineapple more often and detox your body, this refreshing pineapple smoothie is perfect.
- 1 cup of pineapple (150 g)
- 1 cup of carrot (115 g)
- ½ cup of cold water (125 ml)
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (15 g)
- Cut the pineapple into cubes.
- Grate the carrot and mix with the rest of the ingredients in a blender.
- Process all the ingredients very well until well-mixed.
- Enjoy without straining
Pineapple detox diet
Before we go into this detox diet, please be aware that it is not an everyday meal plan. You should follow it for a maximum of 5 days, and only two or three times a year. The diet will remove waste and retained fluids from your body, while also helping you lose weight as part of a healthy lifestyle
- 2 or 3 slices of pineapple and tea.
Mid-morning pineapple tea
- The peel of 1 pineapple
- 8 cups of water (2 liters)
- Boil the pineapple peel in 2 liters of water.
- Let it cool and then strain it.
- Store the liquid in the refrigerator and consume cold.
- 2 leeks
- 1 turnip
- 1 cup of celery (150 g)
- ½ cup of carrot (100 g)
- 1 chicken or fish fillet (150 g)
- 1 cup pineapple (150 g)
- Peel and chop the ingredients and put everything except the meat and pineapple into a pan.
- Roast over low heat.
- In another pan, brown the chicken or fish.
- Serve all accompanied by cubed pineapple.
- The same as mid-morning.
- 4 or 5 pineapple slices
It’s easy to make this natural syrup and there’s no need to go out and buy expensive ingredients. Remember to use natural pineapple juice, since artificial varieties come loaded with sugar and additives, with only a fraction of the nutrition of fresh pineapple.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 piece of ginger root (20 g)
- 4 tablespoons of raw honey (100 g)
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice (62 ml)
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper (2 g)
- To start, peel the pineapple and juice it. If you do not have a juicer you can also use a blender.
- When you’re ready, combine the juice with the grated ginger, raw honey, lemon juice and cayenne pepper in a blender.
- Process everything for a few minutes and serve it very fresh.
When you buy pineapples, choose one with a fresh aroma, a crown of crispy leaves, a good appearance and brightly colored peel. Avoid pineapples with white or discolored parts. Wash everything well before eating.
Your body loves fruit, so try some of the recipes above and see for yourself!
Original article: Remedios naturales hechos a base de piña fáciles y efectivos