Natural Remedies for Detoxifying Your Lungs
Detoxifying your lungs is critical. This is because there are many factors that threaten them from functioning correctly. Among them are a lack of exercise, environmental pollution, and tobacco smoke.
Often, there’s nothing you can do about these factors, because they’re already a part of your environment. However, you can protect yourself at home with natural treatments and remedies that can improve the health of your lungs.
Tips for Clean Lungs on a Daily Basis
Stay Away from Toxic Gases
Avoiding the pollution and toxic gases of the city are practically impossible. Therefore, it’s recommended to visit natural spaces that allow you to breathe fresh air on your days off.
Stay away from big cities as much as possible, take advantage of excursions to the countryside, visit a campsite, rent out a cottage and try having contact with nature. This way, you can help detoxify your lungs because the fresh air is the best remedy for them.
Remember that tobacco not only affects you but also those who breathe the smoke.
If you’re a smoker, you should quit smoking. However, if you’re not, then you should keep your distance from smokers. You should also avoid public smoking areas.
Escaping from the smoke is a good habit, and your lungs will appreciate it.
Purify the Air in Your Home
Your house also contains harmful particles. Prevent them by using filters and ventilating each area of your home. This way, you will prevent impurities from building up.
Also, you should clean your carpets on a regular basis because they store a lot of dust.
Read this article, too: Seasonal Allergies: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Maintain a Healthy Diet
Make sure your diet consists of fruits and vegetables, because they’re essential sources for nutrients and they function as antioxidants.
Also, add ingredients that are rich in vitamin C. A glass of natural citrus fruit juice at breakfast will help clean your lungs and strengthen the immune system. Make sure you include potassium that comes from dates, bananas, prunes or strawberries.
Drink Plenty of Water
Two liters of water is ideal, and can even drink the water from infusions. Water is a natural purifier and the aromatic herbs in infusions and teas help eliminate toxins.
Take Steam Baths
These baths will help you to cough up and eliminate the toxins that are in your lungs.
- Just boil water for 20 minutes and breathe in the steam while making sure you won’t burn yourself.
- To improve its effect, place a towel over your head so the steam could concentrate better. You can also add essential oils.
Check out this article, too: Medicinal Plants that Detox the Pancreas
Three Natural Remedies for Detoxifying Your Lungs
In order to get the best results, follow the habits above and make the following natural remedies.All are ideal for preventing any lung and respiratory track conditions. Of course, don’t forget to go to the doctor if you think your lungs are in a bad condition.
1. Horse chestnut tea
This tea is perfect for combating asthma, cough, and bronchitis. The preparation consists of the same procedure for other infusions:
- With a pot of water, add a tablespoon of horse chestnut (15 g) and bring to boil for about five minutes.
- Strain and drink once a day.
2. Licorice Tea
Licorice is another ally. It has properties that can protect your respiratory tract. However, you must be careful in you suffer from high blood pressure.
- Add a licorice root in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil for 5 minutes, strain and drink a glass on a daily basis.
3. Eucalyptus steam
Eucalyptus is a well-known plant for having properties that help fight respiratory system diseases and detoxify the lungs. One of the ways to use it by breathing its steam.
- Add a handful of eucalyptus to boiling water and breathe in the steam.
- Take slow, deep breaths.
This will help you combat the obstruction in the breathing passages. It also will help treat a cough and help you combat nasal congestion.
4. Turmeric, onion and ginger remedy
- 2 cups of water (500 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric (15 g).
- 1 large onion.
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g).
- 3 tablespoons of grated ginger (45 g).
- Boil the water.
- When it reaches a boil, add the onion chopped in medium-sized pieces.
- Bring to boil for another five minutes and add the other ingredients.
- Keep it over medium heat for approximately 40 minutes.
- Once this time has passed, remove from heat and let it cool down. Once cold, strain and store in a glass inside the fridge.
Mode of consumption
- Take two tablespoons before breakfast and dinner. This remedy will help detoxify your lungs.
- Repeat for 9 days until you feel the difference when breathing.
- If you feel worse, go see a doctor.