Natural Products That Will Help Whiten Your Teeth
In addition to prioritizing daily cleaning with proper brushing, there are some ingredients that can help us recover the whiteness of our teeth naturally
A white smile can make anyone look very attractive, healthy and young.
In this article, we’re going to give you some tips on how to whiten your teeth with natural products.
Baking soda, a perfect partner to whiten your teeth
Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) is a natural product that, in addition to having numerous benefits for the body, has become the best natural remedy for whiter and shinier teeth.
In fact, many of the commercial toothpastes contain it to ensure a good oral cleaning.
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda (1.5 g)
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- In a small cup, put half a teaspoon of baking soda, with a few drops of water or lemon.
- Make sure it has the consistency of a paste, so you can apply it more easily. You can apply it to your teeth with a toothbrush or just using your fingers.
- If you want to eliminate a considerable spot, it is recommended that you apply the paste directly on it and leave it on for approximately 2 minutes.
- Some spots will require you to scrub a little more: help yourself with a toothbrush.
Natural remedy with orange peels
The orange peel, with its contributions of calcium and vitamin C, will help you whiten teeth and fight microorganisms throughout the night.
What should you do?
- Rub the inside of an orange peel over your teeth for one or two minutes.
- Repeat this process for a couple of weeks: you will notice the change and your smile will thank you.
Home remedy with strawberries
Strawberries have around 60 mg of vitamin C per 100 grams. Thus, like oranges, they will help your teeth look whiter.
- 10 strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda (3 g)
- Crush the strawberries until you get a paste and add 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Brush gently for a period of 10 minutes, and repeat twice a day for a couple of weeks.
Natural remedy of hydrogen peroxide to whiten your teeth
Hydrogen peroxide is an excellent natural remedy that we can use to whiten teeth.
The procedure is very simple and fast. You must place a little hydrogen peroxide, for domestic use, in the mouth and gargle. Spit the liquid out, do not swallow it.
We can also mix it with water to make a softer rinse.
- 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of water (30 ml)
- Mix the same amount of hydrogen peroxide and water and gargle for 1 or 2 minutes per maximum.
Note: You must use the remedy wisely and do not overdo it, as it can damage the gums and weaken the teeth if used excessively.
Eat crispy vegetables and fruits
Apples, carrots and celery are great foods for our teeth. Crunchy vegetables and fruits act like a natural toothbrush.
These foods are not only good for the teeth because of their texture, but also because they contain ideal acids to keep the teeth even whiter and eliminate stains.
Visit this article: 8 Foods That Cause Yellow Teeth
Mouthwash with oil
Mouthwash with oil is a natural Indian remedy used to improve oral health and cleanse the body.
- 1 tablespoon of pure and organic oil (of any kind) (15 g)
- 1 cup of mouthwash
- We just have to take a spoonful of oil and swish it in our mouths for a few minutes.
- Then we will spit out the oil and clean the mouth with mouthwash.
- Repeat the procedure 3 times a week and you will notice the changes quickly.
The bleaching power of lemon is very powerful and many people have used the juice of this fruit to whiten their teeth.
This fruit is able to lighten hair and can also do the same with the enamel of the teeth, to get it to lose its yellow color.
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of salt or baking soda (about 20 or 30 g)
- Mix the lemon juice with the usual toothpaste, or with a handful of salt or baking soda.
- Once you have the paste well mixed, use it as if it were a toothpaste also. The only thing that will vary, is that you will have to let the mixture stand for 5 minutes (no more) or brush your teeth during the entire time.
- Lemon, like baking soda, is a highly scorching product so rinse very well.
- Once the procedure is done, repeat this twice a week.
Banana skin for teeth whitening
If before now, you threw away the skin of the banana after eating it, from now on you will stop doing that. Inside, it contains salicylic acid, magnesium and potassium, which are excellent to help whiten teeth.
- 3 banana peels
- Rub the inside of the banana skin over the teeth for 10 minutes. Let sit another 20 minutes and then brush your teeth as you normally do.
- You must be consistent and repeat this twice a day, for ten days or 2 weeks (depending on the state of the teeth).
The results are very good and they are quick to notice.
A healthy smile reflects the good health and personal care that each person performs. Remember that the teeth are your letter of introduction and they will make you feel more secure and raise your self-esteem. Make sure to try out these home remedies that are so useful and simple.