Natural Creams to Reduce the Appearance of Scars
If you have scars, you probably want to hide them. Fortunately, with these natural creams, you can reduce the appearance of scars.
Scars come in all shapes and sizes, and they can affect both your appearance and your self-esteem. That’s why, in today’s article, we’ll tell you how to make some natural creams that will help reduce the appearance of scars.
To start, it’s important to clarify that a scar is a mark on the skin caused by a cut or a burn, and it can be temporary or permanent. For example, scars from cesarean deliveries are common among women. In fact, this is an unavoidable mark after this type of delivery.
However, the good news that you can reduce the appearance of scars. That way, you can go out and wear your bathing suit in the summer without being afraid to show off your skin.
Finally, you should know that the human body is capable of dealing with its scars; they tend to clear up on their own over time. Regardless, you can accelerate the healing process by using these home remedies that we’ll talk about below.
Homemade Aloe Vera Cream to Reduce the Appearance of Scars
The healing properties in aloe vera will help to reduce the appearance of scars. In addition, the crystal in aloe plants is great for healing wounds and burns. Therefore, after using this lotion, you’ll notice that your skin will be clear and hydrated.
- 1 tablespoon of natural coconut oil (15 g)
- 1 1/2 cups of aloe vera gel (375 ml)
- 20 drops of incense oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of wheat germ oil (21 ml)
- 20 drops of rosehip oil
- First, combine the coconut oil and the aloe vera gel in a small bowl and mix them together until they form a creamy consistency, similar to that of lotion.
- Then, add the wheat germ, incense and rosehip oil. Mix again.
- Finally, massage your scars with the aloe lotion one or two times a day.
Fuller’s earth is a type of clay with absorption properties. It helps to reduce the fat tissues in the skin and it also works to reduce the appearance of scars, as well as give the skin more elasticity.
- 1 tablespoon of fuller’s earth (15 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice (7 ml)
- 1 tablespoon rose water (15 ml)
- First, mix all of the ingredients until it’s smooth. Then, apply the cream to your scars.
- Let it sit for 30 to 45 minutes, then remove it with a lot of water.
- You should apply this mixture once or twice a week to achieve the results you want.
Oatmeal and Cream Mask
Oatmeal is a grain that’s rich in proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals that can help reduce the appearance of scars on the skin. Lotions made with oatmeal also help to fight dryness and cracked skin.
With this oatmeal mask, you’ll be able to hydrate your skin and your scars will become less visible over time.
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal (15 g)
- Mix the cream and the natural yogurt together in a bowl until they’re well mixed.
- Add the tablespoon of oatmeal, mix and stir all the ingredients together.
- Apply the paste to the affected area and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Next, rinse with cold water.
- Use the oatmeal and cream remedy once or twice a week.
Read this article: 6 Health Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Onion Juice and Olive Oil Remedy
Onion is one of the most commonly used vegetables in the kitchen, but its healing properties are ideal for treating scars. Plus, combining olive oil with the onions will make the remedy even more effective. That’s because olive oil and onions contain minerals that help the skin tissue regenerate.
- 1/4 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (15 ml)
- Cut the onion into cubes and put them in a blender. Blend until you have a juice and then pour it into a small bowl.
- Add the olive oil to the onion juice and stir well.
- Apply the mixture to the affected areas let sit for 20 to 30 minutes. After that time, rinse with cold water.
- Repeat this application of onion juice and olive oil once or twice a day.
By using these home remedies and simple preparations, you’ll be able to reduce the appearance of scars and you’ll have healthy skin. Don’t be afraid to show off your beautiful skin: your scars don’t define you.