Effective And Natural Colon Cleanse
The colon must be clean in order to fulfill its functions, the most important one being the absorption of nutrients. In this article, we present you with some foods and remedies for a natural colon cleanse to achieve proper nutrition.
Proper nutrition for a natural colon cleanse
The colon needs a diet rich in whole vegetable foods to draw out the toxins.
We specifically recommend the following foods:
- Fresh and dry fruits: plums, dates, apricots, etc.
- Greens and vegetables: cabbage, beets, broccoli, etc.
- Legumes: If we have trouble digesting them properly, we can take them in the form of a purée o cook them well with cumin, fennel, and kombu seaweed.
- Nuts: raw and without salt.
- Whole grains: bread, grain (rice, millet, quinoa, wheat), and pasta.
It’s important to note that when we change our diet, at first, we may notice some issues such as constipation, headaches, etc., until the body is used to the new foods. To avoid these symptoms, we should drink between 6 to 8 glasses of water. Water helps us to digest fiber better and draw out toxins.
Flax seed for a natural colon cleanse
Flax seeds are an excellent complement to cleanse our colon, as they have a laxative effect without being an irritant. They hydrate and gently remove the waste.
How do we consume them? We will let a tablespoon of seeds soak overnight in a glass of water. In the morning, before breakfast, we will mix it up well and drink it at least 15 minutes before breakfast. You’ll quickly notice the benefits, and you can repeat daily.
We can also accustom ourselves to add it to our dishes and as a decoration in our baking recipes.
You may like:
Essential nutrients for a natural colon cleanse
Among all the nutrients, there are some that are especially beneficial due to their vitamin and mineral content. These nutrients are calcium, vitamin D, folic acid, and magnesium. We will find these in large quantities in the following foods:
- Sesame (in seeds, tahini,oil, gomashio…)
- Green leaves (spinach, chard, broccoli…)
- Almonds (as a grain or drink)
When we need calcium, it’s also important that our body has the necessary dose of vitamin D, which is essential for its correct assimilation. We recommend taking in a bit of sun each day, especially early in the day or later in the afternoon.
Check out this article:
- Green leaves (chard, broccoli, spinach)
- Chick peas
- Pumpkin seeds
- Flax seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Brazil nuts
- White beans
- Green leaves
We can also take magnesium chloride or magnesium citrate supplements for two to three months.
There are some foods that, although they may give us other health benefits, can be damaging to our colon. We can avoid them temporarily while we do a natural colon cleanse or even reduce their habitual consumption.
- Red or processed meat: does not digest properly due to digestive or intestinal problems when the quality is poor or when a bad combination of foods creates decay that deposits in the intestine; overtime, it can poison us. Instead opt for foods like poultry, fish, eggs, legumes, etc. These foods provide protein and the necessary energy for our body.
- Milk and dairy products: can irritate your colon.
- Peppers: be careful to not eat too many, especially if you notice that it’s hard for you to digest them or if they cause hemorrhoids.
The health of our colon depends largely on the balance of intestinal flora. If the flora is healthy, it will cleanse the colon naturally.
We can find flora in the form of natural supplement that we’ll take from time to time. It’s also very useful if you have suffered from gastroenteritis or are suffering from irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea or when we’ve had to take antibiotics.