Mint Tea, Great for Weight Loss
Mint tea isn't just good for weight loss. It's also fantastic for stomach pains, is rich in antioxidants, and helps prevent degenerative illnesses.
Whenever people start thinking about losing weight, many people immediately start making a list of things to do to achieve their ideal weight. Some of the most popular things to try are water and lemon, regular exercise, and mint tea.
Recently, the number of people drinking mint tea has grown over the years. However, to be able to get the most out of it, it’s a good idea to know a little about this plant.
What Does a Mint Plant Look Like?
Before we look at how to prepare mint tea, let’s take a look at how to identify the mint plant itself. Whether in a supermarket or garden, you’ll be able to tell a mint plant by its strong green color and particular smell.
It’s sometimes common for people to confuse mint with peppermint because of their similarities. Let’s have a look at the key characteristics of mint:
- Mint leaves are a little more pointed than peppermint leaves.
- Mint is grown in fertile soil in a humid climate.
- Its seeds are small and simple to sow.
The Properties of Mint Tea
Mint tea is often used for weight loss because the mint plant has a number of natural benefits. However, it’s not just great for slimming down. It’s also really beneficial for the following reasons:
Mint Reduces Anxiety
- This is because drinking it hot makes you feel more relaxed.
- It’s highly recommended by homeopathic practitioners for calming states of anxiety.
It’s Rich in Antioxidants
- Mint tea can help fight free radicals in the atmosphere.
- Its properties also help prevent degenerative, cardiac, or nervous system problems, such as hypertension.
It’s Great for Combating Stomach Pains
This plant is used often to treat intestinal problems because of the menthol it contains. It can also be used for indigestion and stomach pains.
Mint Adds a Unique Touch to Your Food
Although we’re talking about using mint to lose weight, it’s also really popular in cooking. Mint is often used to give a fresh touch to a range of dishes.
How to Prepare Mint Tea
Because it’s so versatile, there are a number of ways that you can prepare mint tea. Here, we give you a few examples:
Mint Tea with Orange
- The peel of one orange
- 2 tablespoons of mint leaves (30 g)
- 2 cups of hot water (500 ml)
- First, peel the orange to get the peel. You only use this part of the orange, as the flesh will make your tea really bitter.
- Infuse the mint with the orange peel in the hot water for 10 minutes. Add ice and sugar to taste.
Mint Tea with Cardamom and Honey
- 1 cup of hot water (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of mint leaves (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of ground cardamoms (15 g)
- Honey (to taste)
- Lemon juice (to taste)
- Boil the mint leaves in the water in a small pan.
- Then, add the ground cardamoms.
- After five minutes, strain the infusion so that there are no bits of the plant left.
- If you like acidic flavors, you can add the juice of half a lemon. If, on the other hand, you’d prefer it to be sweeter, you can add a little honey.
You might be interested in: Discover the Weight Loss Benefits Of Cinnamon and Honey Tea
Mint Tea with Peppermint
- 2 tablespoons of green tea (30 g)
- 1/2 cup of mint leaves (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (15 g)
- 1/2 cup of peppermint leaves (100 g)
- 4 cups of hot water (1 litre)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl except the water.
- Then, pour the water over the mixture. After four minutes, add a few more mint and peppermint leaves and serve.
Some More Useful Infusions for Losing Weight
It doesn’t just have to be mint tea that you use to help lose weight. There are other infusions that are also good for this. Some of the most popular are:
- Cinnamon infusion: The properties of cinnamon help to reduce the digestive system’s resistance to insulin and therefore reduce sugar levels.
- Green Tea: As long as you include enough physical exercise alongside your diet, drinking green tea is a great way to speed up your metabolism and quickly lose those pounds.
- Red Tea: If you want to lose weight, nutritionists say you should drink this every day. This is because Pu-Erh (‘Red Tea’ in Chinese) has diuretic and detox properties.
- Black Tea: Rich in antioxidants, this is a really popular choice for people who want to lose weight. However, drinking this will also help combat cholesterol problems and tension.