The Many Helpful Uses of Hydrogen Peroxide
You probably think that hydrogen peroxide is no more than a first-aid kit essentially used to disinfect scrapes and cuts. Nothing could be further from the truth. The many uses of hydrogen peroxide will surely amaze you. Find out more in the following article.
The Virtues of Hydrogen Peroxide
H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide) is the only germ-killing agent made up of nothing but water and oxygen, that gets rid of bacteria. Because of this, it is considered to be the safest and most effective natural disinfectant. It is safe to say that the many uses of hydrogen peroxide aren’t well known.
- To whiten clothes: Add one cup of hydrogen peroxide to white clothing to prevent yellowing over time. It also removes blood stains from carpets. Apply directly to the stain, let it set a minute, and scrub with a brush. Then clear up with cold water.
- To take a detoxifying and rejuvenating bath: Use a few spoonfuls of 3% hydrogen peroxide in a tub of warm water. Get in for a half-hour, and if necessary, add hot water to keep the bath at a comfortable temperature. You’ll eliminate bacteria that accumulate on the surface of your skin and potentially cause diseases.
- To treat foot fungus: Sprinkle a mixture of half hydrogen peroxide, and half tap water. Apply the mixture between toes or on nails and allow it to air dry. If there are chronic infections, use twice as much hydrogen peroxide mixed with hot distilled water and apply once or twice a week.
- To do a colon cleanse or enema: Add one cup of H2O2 to 15 liters of water (for colon cleanses). And one tablespoon of H2O2 to a liter of hot distilled water for enemas.
- To prevent infection: Pour a few drops of hydrogen peroxide on an infected area, wound, or cut a few times daily. If gangrene has started to develop, submerge directly in pure H2O2.
- To cure mite infections: If this problem occurs, you can apply a splash of pure hydrogen peroxide each hour to the affected skin.
- To alleviate sinus infections: Mix one tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide with one cup of water with no bleach and pour into a container to use as a nasal spray.
- To gargle and care for the mouth: Place a cap-full of hydrogen peroxide in the mouth for 10 minutes without swallowing. This will get rid of and prevent mouth sores. Your teeth will be whiter and at a lower risk for cavities. Many people use it as a mouthwash after brushing their teeth. You can make a homemade toothpaste out of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and even keep your toothbrush in H2O2 to keep it germ-free. Since it has anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties, hydrogen peroxide can sometimes even help with toothaches.
- To lighten hair: Hydrogen peroxide can highlight hair a few shades lighter. Dilute it in water (50/50) and pour on hair after showering. Comb afterwards. The result is a faint lightening, so no need to worry about becoming “platinum”.
- To clean the house: You will kill germs and leave behind a fresh scent. Put a little on a rag to clean, and pour your normal house-cleaning products. You can also use hydrogen peroxide to leave you windows and mirrors spotless. In addition, you can add a spoonful to your dishwasher to leave your dishes sparkling. It is very useful to disinfect bathrooms (so as not to use harmful disinfectants). It can also be used to clean wood cutting boards after cutting meat or chopping vegetables. If you combine hydrogen peroxide with vinegar, you’ll have a natural, economical, effective, and potent disinfectant. Hydrogen peroxide can be used to disinfect everything from fruit or toys, to footwear, towels, or floors. It is also very good to eliminate mold and mildew from the roof, down to the bathroom floors.
- To combat acne: It is an effective household remedy for any unwanted pimples. After washing your face with soap and water, use some cotton to apply hydrogen peroxide to problem areas or the entire face, but be careful because it can irritate or dry out the skin. Apply twice a week.
- To cure a sore throat: If you gargle with hydrogen peroxide you can ease a sore throat. Mix 1/4 cup of warm water with 1/4 of hydrogen peroxide and gargle without swallowing. This helps you prevent colds, because it kills bacteria that may cause sickness.
- To clean the ears: Mix a drop of hydrogen peroxide with a little warm water and remove earwax from the inner-ear more easily.