The One Who Truly Loves You Will Make You Happy
In this article, discover why the person who truly loves you will make you happy and feel like you're on cloud nine. Read on to learn more!
The person who loves you will make you happy, make you feel like you’re flying and, above all, make every effort to bring you joy.
Too often, people believe that misconception that love means suffering and your tears are a normal part of your relationship.
This idea is rooted in an outdated image of romantic love and the distorted picture of what affection truly is. Thus, the “pillars” of a committed and healthy relationship have damaged partners through many generations.
In today’s article, we want to invite you to reflect a little more on this idea.
The person who loves you won’t make you suffer
Maybe at some point in your life someone close to you has said, “It is what it is, take it or leave it. In relationships, someone is bound to suffer. It’s normal”.
Sometimes what’s considered “normal” can include dangerous dimensions that are destructive. That’s why it’s important to be clear that love doesn’t mean suffering and the person who makes you cry in your relationship is someone who doesn’t truly love you. Or they can also love you in a wrong, unhealthy way.
See also The Secret to Happy Relationships
Romantic love or love that accepts suffering
The more pain, passion, and possession, the greater the love. This is another misconception regarding romantic love, which you see in the occasional movie or book.
- Believe it or not, however, this idea is still very prevalent among young people and adolescents. They think that when their partner responds with jealousy or possessiveness it’s a clear sign of their love, which can lead to them falling into very dangerous types of relationships.
- Also, they only understand the concept of romantic love in those early, passionate stages. They may fail to realize that a relaxed, shared love signifies a more mature and stable stage.
- Another misconception that’s often associated with romantic love is the idea that suffering is inevitable. You may think that tears are inevitable and that they should be accepted. However, this isn’t appropriate nor advisable.
Nowadays, it’s easy to find people trapped in unhappy or destructive relationships where their self-esteem has been destroyed completely. A lot of people have also fallen into dependent relationships where both partners tolerate pain and tears.
Instead, you must learn to believe in the idea that love shouldn’t cause pain. It’s important to note that healthy and true love never seeks to destroy.
Conscious love, mature love
No one is born knowing everything there is to know about love. It’s something that is learned through disappointment, being hurt on occasion, and even turning away from a relationship to discover yourself again.
- Don’t ever blame yourself for failure or start to think that “love is suffering”. This isn’t true, or at least it shouldn’t be.
- Conscious love always begins with something as simple and essential as loving yourself first.
- Only when you feel confident, have a good self-esteem, and have a clear idea of what you deserve can you begin to have healthy, responsible, and happy relationships.
- Mature love is the kind that seeks the best for the couple. It always starts with your inner self.
- A confident person who has good self-awareness won’t be trapped by their fears or obsession with control, nor will they worry about a possible betrayal.
The person who loves and respects you will trust you and not betray you.
Whoever loves you should make you happy
Promote the happiness of the people you love. It’s useless to cause tears or suffering. In this sense, anyone who thinks that’s right or normal has a distorted and damaging view of what relationships are.
- Some think that it’s normal to experience suffering with their partner. This has a very clear purpose: to control them.
- Meanwhile, some are surprised to see that they’ve upset their partner, saying, “You’re always offended by everything, and everything I do hurts you”. In this case, you’re dealing with someone who is unable to empathize and take responsibility for their actions.
We recommend that you also read: It’s Not Love if You Have to Ask for it
The person who truly loves you will strive to make you happy and bring a smile to your face even on rainy days. Every smile is part of that hidden engine in your relationship that’s built on happiness, reciprocity, and trust.