How to Make a Yogurt Sponge Cake
The following yogurt sponge cake recipe is very practical and ideal for those family get-togethers where you want to surprise everyone with a delicious dessert that nobody can resist.
Read more here: Spanish Fig Cake: The Best Recipe Around
We recommend that you eat it in moderation, like with any dessert and, when possible, not at night because you’ll be more likely to burn this energy if you eat it during the day. Will you try it out?
Yogurt sponge cake recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 125-gram lemon yogurt
- 200 grams of sugar
- 125=150 mL of sunflower oil
- 170 grams of flour
- 1 packet of yeast
- 70 grams of cacao (This ingredient is optional. If you don’t add it, you will get a lemon sponge cake).
- Start by cracking the three eggs into a bowl. Whisk them and then add in the sugar.
Note: You can use other healthier and natural sweeteners such as whole cane sugar, brown sugar, or even stevia.
- Next, add in lemon yogurt and mix well.
- Then, add in the sunflower oil.
- Once you get a homogenous mixture, add the flour.
- Add in the yeast.
- After you mix the ingredients again, add the cacao (we recommend using natural cacao, organic if possible).
- Before putting the mixture in the oven, you should melt the butter in the container that you’re going to bake in so the dessert doesn’t get stuck and doesn’t break apart when you take it out.
- Once you put the mixture in the container with butter, put it in a preheated oven at 170-180 degrees Celsius (338 degrees Fahrenheit) for 30 to 40 minutes.
Note: It’s important not to open the oven before its ready because, if it isn’t ready, it’ll sink and won’t rise all the way.