Make this Delicious Vegetable and Soft Cheese Quiche
This dish is the perfect excuse to get your kids to eat the best vegetables. Try out this delicious vegetable and soft cheese quiche.
In today’s article, we’re going to tell you all about a delicious vegetable and soft cheese quiche.
If you want to make a dish that combines several different vegetables in an ingenious way, try this quiche. It’s a versatile way to make something different, healthy. and full of necessary nutrients.
Get Your Kids to Eat Vegetables with Quiche
Do you want your kids to eat more vegetables without them noticing the taste they don’t like?
If so, this is a great option to help. This quiche made with vegetables and soft cheese is ideal.
We have to remember that we are what we eat. Unfortunately, we tend to eat a lot of foods that aren’t great for our bodies. For example, it’s becoming increasingly popular for kids to not eat vegetables.
This is definitely very worrisome and you shouldn’t ignore this problem. This might be because you don’t make a lot of dishes that include vegetables at home, or because you’d rather buy your kids pre-cooked dishes or fast food.
Clearly, this is just the beginning of a problem that could get a lot worse. However, you can change this by trying new and more delicious recipes, like this vegetable quiche. It’s the perfect combination of carbohydrates from vegetables and protein from dairy.
Overall, it’s an amazing dish that only home cooking can produce!
A Quiche to Your Liking
Additionally, you can adapt this recipe to your specific tastes and add whichever ingredients you think would work best. In the recipe we’re going to show you, we’ll use leeks, zucchini, carrots and onions. However, if you like broccoli more, you should add that, too.
Whichever way you choose to make it, it will be delicious. You can even try spinach and potatoes, as well.
Read this article: What to Do for Children Who Refuse to Eat Vegetables
How to Make Vegetable and Soft Cheese Quiche
Start with the Dough
This vegetable and soft cheese quiche is made with a crunchy and dynamic crust. To make it, you’ll need the following ingredients.
- 2 cups of wheat flour (240 g)
- 1/2 cup of butter (100 g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- Cut the butter into cubes. Ideally, it should be cold.
- Using your hands, form a volcano with the wheat flour and pour the remaining ingredients in the middle.
- Then, you’ll have to knead the ingredients well, paying special attention to the butter. You should get a smooth and uniform dough.
- Place the dough in a bowl, flatten it, and cover it with kitchen wrap.
- Sprinkle some flour on the dough and use a rolling pin to roll it out.
- Place the dough in a pie tin. Make sure the smooth, malleable dough is covering every inch of it.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and bake for 15 minutes until the quiche is tender but has good consistency.
- 1 cup of liquid cream (250 ml)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of cheese (100 g)
- 2 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 leek
- 2 onions
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- First, grate the cheese then put it off to the side. Meanwhile, wash and cut all of the vegetables.
- Pour the two tablespoons of olive oil into a pan and heat it. When it’s hot, add the onions and leeks. Poach for 10 minutes.
- Repeat that procedure with the carrots and, after five minutes, add the zucchini.
- When all the vegetables are tender and cooked, lower the heat and let them cool at room temperature.
- Next, beat the eggs, add the cream, the poached vegetables and, finally the cheese.
- Season with only the nutmeg and the pepper.
- Pour the contents into the crust you made earlier and put it back in the oven.
- Set the oven to 350 F and bake for another 15 minutes, until you notice that it’s well cooked and that the cheese is browning.
- Finally remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes and serve.