Make Stretch Marks Less Noticeable with These 4 Natural Treatments
While these ingredients can be very effective at making stretch marks less noticeable, you must use them consistently for best results.
Stretch marks are visible marks on the skin similar to scars that develop when the elastic fibers of skin tissue break.
They may have a whitish or purplish color. Also, their size and quantity depend on the individual, the kind of skin they have, and their daily habits.
They’re found in areas like the glutes and abdomen, though they can appear on the breasts, arms, and other parts of the body too.
The main cause of stretch marks is the stretching that skin undergoes during pregnancy or sudden weight changes. However, they’re also related to hormonal imbalances and dehydration.
Fortunately, while you may not like how they look, they aren’t harmful and can be made much less noticeable by using the powers of certain natural ingredients.
In this article, we share 4 great treatments that will help you fight this problem and improve your skin’s appearance.
Try them out today!
1. Rosehip and coconut oil treatment
The concentration of vitamin E, fatty acids, and amino acids in this natural treatment help you deeply moisturize your skin and speed up the healing of the broken fibers, thus minimizing the appearance of stretch marks.
Unlike store-bought creams, it doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals and can be used on all types of skin without risky side effects.
- 6 tablespoons of organic coconut oil (90 g)
- 4 tablespoons of rosehip oil (60 g)
- Combine the ingredients until they’re well-mixed.
How to use
- Smooth the homemade cream on the areas affected by stretch marks and let the skin absorb it without rinsing.
- Repeat application every night for good results.
Read this too: 8 Foods that Improve Your Skin Health
2. Almond oil and lemon juice treatment
The combination of sweet almond oil and lemon juice provides your skin high amounts of vitamins C and E, both of which are necessary to optimize the production of collagen and elastin.
Using it frequently will support the healing processes of the damaged tissues and firm up the skin to prevent further damage.
- 6 tablespoons of sweet almond oil (90 g)
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice (30 ml)
- Mix the almond oil with the lemon juice.
How to use
- Use at night. Smooth the treatment onto the areas with stretch marks, applying it with a gentle massaging motion.
- Leave on for 30 to 40 minutes and then rinse.
- Use at least three times a week.
3. Shea butter and honey treatment for stretch marks
By making a natural cream out of shea butter and honey, you’ll be able to reduce stretch marks while softening your skin.
Its moisturizing compounds support the cellular regeneration processes and protect collagen and elastin from premature breakdown.
- 3 tablespoons of shea butter (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- Heat the shea butter in a double boiler. Once melted, add the honey.
- Stir the ingredients and, once well-mixed, let sit until it reaches room temperature.
- Use before it completely solidifies.
How to use
- Smooth the cream over the stretch marks with a gentle massage.
- Leave on for 40 minutes and remove any excess with a moist cloth.
- Repeat every night.
Take a look at this article: 5 Things You Should Do to Care For Your Skin During Menopause
4. Olive oil and marigold treatment
This olive oil and marigold treatment provides your skin the essential fatty acids and proteins it needs for proper healing. It helps prevent visible marks caused by fiber breakage.
- 3 tablespoons of marigold flowers (30 g)
- 10 tablespoons of olive oil (160 g)
- Put the marigold flowers into a container and cover them with the olive oil.
- Put the container in a cool place and let it sit for at least 10 days.
- After this time, strain the oil.
How to use
- Take as much oil as you need and apply it to areas like your glutes, legs, and abdomen.
- Let absorb without rinsing and repeat every night.
Are you having trouble with stretch marks? Pick one of the above treatments and see how good it is at fixing this problem.
That being said, be consistent in using it, as its effects aren’t immediate.