How to Make Rosehip Cream for Stretch Marks
In today’s article, we want to share a simple recipe for a rosehip cream for stretch marks.
Weight changes and a loss of elasticity will cause them to form anywhere on the body. This cream made with natural ingredients will provide hydration and promote the regeneration of your skin.
The Benefits of Rosehip Oil
Rosehip oil is a secret for many women who want to prevent and reduce wrinkles. It has high nutrient and regenerative powers so it’s great for dry and mature skin that lacks that brightness and firmness.
This oil, which is extracted from the seeds of roses, stands out for its high content of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids, as well as antioxidants and vitamins A, C and E. However, when it comes to acquiring it, you must ensure that it is pure, because many products of low or mixed quality are on the market.
Aloe vera gel
Aloe vera is an essential ingredient in natural and homemade cosmetics. In addition to the texture of the gel, which is ideal to mix with other ingredients and use on the skin, its properties make it the perfect base for many treatments.
The gel that’s extracted from the leaves or leaves of this plant has soothing, moisturizing, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and healing properties. These healing properties are effective to treat all skin problems (including stretch marks).
In addition, aloe vera can also be applied directly to the skin, as it provides a pleasant freshness and a protective layer. Its texture allows for very easy application and rapid absorption. If you also mix it with oils, you’ll find that the result isn’t as oily and penetrates better into the skin.
See also: 11 foods that reduce stretch marks
Cocoa butter is a staple in chocolate making. However, it’s also a very common product in natural cosmetics thanks to its many properties. For example, it is the basis of many lip balms because it protects your lips from external agents such as the sun, wind, or cold.
This type of butter is very antioxidant so it prevents skin aging caused by free radicals. It also reduces scars and stretch marks, maintains hydration, and promotes the regeneration of skin cells.
Cocoa butter is effective in treating wrinkles as well, and can be a good immediate remedy for soothing burns. In addition, it’s effective in the treatment of some cases of psoriasis and eczema.
Rosehip Cream for Stretch Marks
To make this rosehip cream for stretch marks, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons of rosehip oil (60 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (45 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa butter (20 g)
- 10 drops of essential oil of lavender, rosemary, geranium, jasmine, or incense (optional)
Read also: Natural Treatments to Fight Stretch Marks
What should you do?
To prepare this rosehip cream to eliminate stretch marks, you’ll follow the following steps:
- First, melt the cocoa butter in a water bath.
- When the butter is liquid, mix it well with the rosehip oil and aloe vera gel.
- Finally, add the essential oil of lavender and stir again.
- Store in a glass jar with an airtight seal. When the mixture cools, it will become a little more solid, just the right texture to apply on the skin.
- Apply this cream for stretch marks on the affected area once or twice a day, both to prevent and reduce their appearance.
- The best time is after a shower, because the hot water opens your pores and allows them to absorb nutrients better.
- To enhance the effects of this lotion, you can perform a massage or dry brushing.
You can also use this cream for wrinkles, dry skin, and some other skin disorders that cause peeling. It is also an excellent healing remedy to treat scars.It might interest you...