How to Make a Homemade Ointment that May Help You Sleep Better
Do you have trouble sleeping? Try making this wonderful product at home. It may help you sleep better, especially if you suffer from a sleep disorder.
Would you like to sleep better? In order for your body to be both physically and psychologically well, you need to get good sleep – no less than eight interrupted hours a day.
We often don’t realize how important sleep is for our health. During this period of rest, some of your body’s vital functions are activated. These functions help regulate your hormone production, brain health, and metabolism, among other things.
You might be used to getting less sleep because you think it’s harmless. However, the truth is that with time, this can have negative consequences that can affect your quality of life.
Read more here: Want to Sleep Better? Try Out These 7 Nighttime Habits
Sleep-related disorders can immediately cause fatigue, difficulty concentrating, and hunger pangs that lead you to eat more than you should.
Ideally, you should identify the problems that are causing you to sleep poorly and find a way to address them.
Among the many natural remedies for good sleep is a homemade ointment that may help you sleep better. This is thanks to its healthy combination of ingredients. In today’s article, we want to tell you more about it and how to make it.
A homemade ointment that may help you sleep better
We usually battle sleep disorders with sedative medications. However, there are some alternative methods that may help treat them so you don’t have to expose your health to any adverse reactions.
The natural ointment that we want to share with you today has a very pleasant and relaxing aroma. After you apply it, it may help stimulate the production of the hormones that are in charge of helping you sleep better.
It’s made from a combination of healthy ingredients like coconut oil and olive oil. They’re known for their moisturizing, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
These ingredients, coupled with the benefits of beeswax and essential orange and lavender oils, provide you with a unique relaxation experience that may help you sleep better.
The high essential fatty acids, protein, and minerals contents are readily absorbed through the pores of your skin, providing you with extra hydration and nutrients that reduce your risk of blemishes.
Even more, its active compounds may help relax your muscles and joints. This is key to getting uninterrupted rest.
This ointment can even be used to help fight those awful menstrual cramps. This is because it activates your circulation and may help you feel relief.
How to make this sleep ointment
You can make this therapeutic sleep ointment at home. All you have to do is follow some very simple steps and use ingredients that you can easily find at an herbalist or natural store.
The combination of aromas in this product may help relax your body, so it’s best to use high-quality ingredients.
Discover: 5 Tricks to Sleep Better
While you can find low-cost alternatives (especially coconut and olive oil) it’s best to buy 100% organic versions so you can enjoy more benefits.
In addition, don’t confuse essential oils with simple essences, as the latter only have aromatic properties.
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (100 g)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (100 g)
- 3 tablespoons of grated beeswax (45 g)
- 1 teaspoon of lavender essential oil (5 g)
- 1 teaspoon of orange essential oil (5 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon essential oil (2 g)
- First, heat the coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Then, add the olive oil and beeswax and simmer on low heat until all ingredients are mixed.
- When everything is melted, stir with a wooden spoon and remove from heat.
- Then, before it solidifies, add the essential oils and blend well.
- Finally, pour the product into an airtight glass jar.
- You can apply it when it acquires a creamy texture.
How to use it
- Take a small amount of the ointment and rub it on your feet using gentle massages.
- Put some socks on your feet before bed.
- If you like, apply a little more in areas like your chest and back for a more relaxing experience.
- In fact, you even can rub it on your temples to help relieve stress and headaches.
Try making this wonderful product at home and have it on hand. It’s a great solution that may help you sleep better, especially if you suffer from insomnia.