How to Make Gluten-Free Bread: Three Recipes
Celiacs are people who have an autoimmune condition where the small intestines get inflamed upon contact with gluten and its derivatives. In this article, we’ll share three recipes so you can make gluten-free bread at home. They’re quick and really simple.
Most supermarkets, grocery shops, or bakeries don’t take celiacs into account when considering their range of products. This is why we want to share these recipes with you so that you can make gluten-free bread and also look after your health. We understand that if you’ve got this condition, you sometimes have to go without certain foods.
Gluten intolerance doesn’t need to be a barrier to you enjoying the tastiest recipes. If you choose your substitutes well, you can prepare a whole range of tasty foods.
That said, you need to take care when choosing ingredients. Some people are more sensitive than others to certain ingredients related to gluten.
However, you can still be in control of what and how much you eat. So, whether you have this condition or not, it’s a great idea to learn how to make gluten-free bread with these delicious home recipes.
How to Make Gluten-Free Bread
Recipe No. 1
You don’t have to be a celiac to make gluten-free bread. Sometimes, it’s good to abstain from gluten, or at least keep your consumption under control.
Remember: anything in excess is bad for your health.
- 3 tablespoons of gluten-free baking powder (45 g)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar (8 g)
- 1/2 cup of soy milk (125 ml)
- First, break the eggs into a large bowl and beat until they’re frothy. Add the baking powder and continue beating.
- Then, add the soy milk and continue beating. Add the salt and sugar and mix for the last time at a medium speed.
- Next, use a ladle to take a little of the dough and mold a small ball. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Place the balls of dough on a baking tray dusted with flour.
- Lastly, place the tray in an oven at 180 °C.
- Leave them to rise and turn golden.
- Then, remove from the oven, let them cool, and serve.
Recipe No. 2
Cornflour or rice flour are perfect substitutes for wheat flour. This is another way to make gluten-free bread at home and it doesn’t take much time at all.
- 1 cup of rice cream (200 g)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of corn flour (60 g)
- 2 tablespoons of gluten-free baking powder (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda (9 g)
- 1/2 cup of soy milk (125 ml)
- 4 heaped tablespoons of grated coconut (60 g)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (62 ml)
- First, mix the baking powder, baking soda, corn flour, and rice cream in a bowl.
- Then, add the eggs, the milk, the coconut, and oil. Knead to get a thick dough.
- Next, place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Then, take out of the fridge and knead a little more. Next, make balls of dough and place on a dusted baking tray.
- Lastly, before placing in the oven, varnish the balls with a little oil. The oven should be set to between 180 and 200 °C.
- Let them rise and turn golden, then remove from the oven.
You might like:
Recipe No. 3
This recipe meets any vegan’s requirements. It’s made using gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients. It’s also much healthier and tastier than normal bread.
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of water (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (15 g)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (45 ml)
- 1/4 glass of almond milk (50 ml)
- 3 tablespoons of chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons of grated coconut (30 g)
- 3 tablespoons of chopped sunflower seeds (45 g)
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt (8g)
- First, put the almonds and the sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- Then, add the grated coconut, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Next, add the almond milk, cornflour, water, and oil. Mix with the help of an electric whisk at a medium speed.
- Lastly, make some balls of dough and place them on a dusted baking tray.
- Put in the oven at around 190 °C and leave them to rise and turn golden. Remove from the oven and serve.
Now you know have to make gluten-free bread! What are you waiting for? Try these delicious recipes out!