Make Delicious Mexican Cauliflower Rice with this Great Recipe
Making a delicious cauliflower rice means choosing a recipe that has great flavor from beginning to end. This dish stands out because it pleases your palate while also being extremely healthy. Plus, it’s highly recommended as an accompaniment for other ingredients.
So, be prepared to expand what you thought you knew about cooking rice!
Many people give up the most well-known carbs when they are on a diet: pasta, rice, some types of meat, bread, etc. This interesting Mexican cauliflower rice recipe will help you replace these foods.
Also, this recipe is ideal when you’re trying out new rice recipes so that you don’t get bored of using the same ingredients. Yes, we talked about typical white rice in a casserole. So, open your mind and get ready to enjoy a very nutritious meal that is different from any others you are used to eating.
For rice, it takes a bit for it to cook and become soft and edible because of the grain’s resistance to heat. However, cauliflower is different since it cooks much faster and succumbs to heat more easily than rice.
The difference between the two of them is in the nutrients and the benefits they have for the body. Mexican cauliflower rice is essentially just a seasoned vegetable. Rice, on the other hand, is a grain with some starch.
Rice is transformed into carbohydrates and the body uses them (among many other things) to make fat. Naturally, this is process you should try to avoid at all costs if you are trying to take care of yourself, even if you’re exercising a lot.
So, Mexican cauliflower rice is a great option for you and can serve as a side for other foods. It shows off the rich flavors of the Mexican culture.
How to make Mexican cauliflower rice
Tips for making cauliflower rice
You’re about to discover a couple of tricks and tips that will be very helpful when you start to try a recipe for Mexican cauliflower rice. Here are some things that you should keep in mind.
The first option is to use use an aluminum grater to grate the cauliflower (after you’ve removed the stem and any black spots). Or, you can use a food processor to shred it better and more uniformly.
Whatever method you use, the results will be great.
Next, we’ll show you the instructions so that you can make it at home yourself.
Mexican cauliflower rice recipe
- 1 large cauliflower (500 g)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml)
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- First, remove the stem and all the black spots that the cauliflower may have. Remember, you want it to have the appearance of rice.
- Then, choose your method. If you decide to use a processor, put the cauliflower in it and chop it until it has a rice-like consistency.
- Or, if the aluminum grater seems like the better option, grate the entire amount carefully.
- Then, add the cauliflower to a pan with olive oil and put over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Saute for a bit with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Last, lower the heat, put a lid on the pan and let it cook for another 8 minutes, then it’s ready.
- Now you have your own cauliflower rice!
Next, we’ll talk about the steps you must follow to make the ideal seasoning for your cauliflower rice.
- 2 garlic cloves without the skin
- 1 white onion
- A can of precooked vegetables (100 g)
- 1 cup of tomato puree (250 ml)
- A serrano chile
- 2 pinches of pepper
- A sprig of chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of salt (15 g)
- To spice your cauliflower rice, you’ll need a pan with a little olive oil.
- First, finely chop the onion. Do the same with the cilantro and the garlic cloves.
- When the pan is hot, saute the salsa and add the pepper and salt.
- Finely chop the serrano pepper and add it as soon as you notice the ingredients giving off an aroma.
- Stir everything well and make sure the ingredients are well mixed.
- Last, pour in the tomato puree and cook for 5 minutes on high heat.
- After that time, lower the flame and add the can of vegetables.
- Cook for another five minutes, and that’s it!