How to Make a Creamier Pasta Dish without Cream or Cheese
In order to get the results that you’re looking for in this kind of recipe, you’ll need to add some other ingredients to substitute the characteristic contrast of cheese and cream.
Though they might not be cheese nor cream, these ingredients will impart a flavor similar enough that nobody at the table will suspect they’re missing out on anything.
Pasta tends to be one of the foods that everyone wants to eat at any given moment.
What makes it so appetizing is not only its palate-pleasing flavors, but also the texture that a good cook knows how to find with the exact cooking time.
How long should you cook pasta?
Al dente! Al dente is the definition of perfectly cooked pasta– it’s neither under-cooked nor over-cooked. However, in addition to the texture, what about adding a creamy sauce to your dish that’ll win over even the most picky eaters?
It’s all about playing around with an innovative recipe. You can make a sauce for a creamier creamless pasta dish that tastes cheesy without adding cheese.
Use all of the ingredients that we’ve gathered in our article and create a pasta dish creamier than you’ve tried before. It’ll top the list of your favorite recipes.
This dish is perfect for special occasions that call for a celebratory dish that’s creamy, intriguing and most importantly, different.
You’ll be all set to surprise your guests!
Don’t put it off anymore and let the world know about your inner-chef with a dish that’ll take them on a short trip to nirvana. Much more than a meal, this dish will wake up new sensations.
Take a look at our next article: 5 Spinach Recipes to Add to Your Diet
What ingredients will you need?
For the sauce
- 2 cups of natural, flavorless yogurt (400 g)
- ½ cup of white button mushrooms or any kind of mushrooms (125 g)
- 1 spring of parsley
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup of soy sauce (62 ml)
- 1 dash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper (as needed)
For the pasta
- 1 packet of your preferred pasta brand (500 g)
- 1 pinch of salt
Preparing a creamier pasta dish without adding cream nor cheese
- Cut the vegetables on a cutting board. Cut the onion and garlic cloves in small cubes.
- In a medium-sized pot, heat up the olive oil over low heat for about a minute.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and sauté.
- When the vegetables become transparent, add the white button mushrooms (or the other mushrooms if you don’t have the white button variety).
- At the same time, add the soy sauce and cover the pot while it cooks slowly.
- When the vegetables and mushrooms are cooked through, increase the heat to reduce the water that seeps out from the mushrooms.
You’ll also want to read:4 Pumpkin Recipes for a Nutritious Breakfast
- Add the yogurt to the mixture, making sure to stir continuously while lowering the heat back down to low. Reducing the heat and stirring will prevent the yogurt from curdling and losing its creaminess.
- When the entire mixture is heated thoroughly, but not overcooked, finish it off with a the special touch by sprinkling on the finely chopped spring of parsley.
- In a large pot, cook the pasta noodles, making sure to salt the water.
- Once the pasta is al dente, strain the noodles.
- Mix them with the creamy vegetable and mushroom-based sauce and brace yourself to experience a texture and flavor that’ll wow your palate in the next few moments.