Learn How to Make Bread Without Kneading or Using Gluten
Bread without kneading is great for homemade recipes. After all, this bread doesn’t require much effort, and it doesn’t require a long list of ingredients or a special type of oven.
The secret to the recipe that we’re going to show you lies in the time the dough is at rest and the baking. The rest is eating it!
Make Your Own Bread Without Kneading it in Less Than 10 Steps
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 3 cups bread flour without gluten
- First, dissolve the yeast in water and put aside
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with the salt and mix well, then add the dissolved yeast.
- Stir all the ingredients slowly until they are well mixed. Do this for about a minute and a half.
- Then, cover the dough with saran wrap and allow the dough to rest the entire night (for about 10 to 12 hours)
- The next morning, sprinkle flour over a smooth clean surface. Put a bit of flour on your hands to avoid having the dough stick to your hands.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Sprinkle a small amount (like a pinch) of flour over the dough. Form a ball with the dough, put it on a smooth surface and flatten it lightly with your hand.
- Then, take a knife and make the shape of a cross in the middle to make four sections. The bread will be able to breathe and will bake to perfection.
- Fold the sections over toward the inside of the bread. If desired, add some seeds or other ingredients to enrich the bread without kneading.
- Place the dough in a pan suitable for baking that hasn’t been greased.
- Cover and put in the oven for 40-45 minutes at 400 F.
- After the first 20 minutes, uncover and place back in the oven so that it rises. Leave in the oven until it’s finished.
After the designated time, check to see if the bread is done. If not, put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes. During this time, keep an eye on the bread to make sure that the crust isn’t burning.
Take out the bread and allow it to cool to room temperature. Then, remove the bread from the pan and place on a clean dry tea towel.
This bread has a very soft texture and is considerably light. It will look very nice with a golden crust and medium thickness. It will be rather course inside due to the mix of ingredients and the baking process.
Substitutes for Bread Flour
Xanthan gum is the ingredient that’s mostly used in homemade bread without gluten since it produces elasticity and structure.
What is xantham gum?
It’s a polymeric product, which means that it’s a result of the action of a bacteria in the fermentation process of sugar.
Another substitute is amaranth flour. In fact, it’s the number one flour that people use in foods for those with celiac disease.
However, to make bread, it must be mixed with another type of flour to enable it to rise.It might interest you...