How to Make a Blueberry Cheesecake
Are you having guests over for dinner and want to surprise them with a healthy dessert?
This recipe is as easy as it is satisfying for those people with a sweet tooth who also don’t want to overdo it or eat too much sugar or processed ingredients.
Pay attention to this recipe because you’ll love it all: cheesecake made with yogurt and blueberry jam.
This way you can opt for tasty, healthy alternatives that are filled with flavor.
The benefits of blueberries
Why should you choose foods made with blueberries? This berry is low in sugar and can be the perfect option if you’re looking to fight fluid retention.
By opting for a dessert made with blueberries not only will you avoid eating processed sweets, but you’ll be choosing a “superfood” as well.
The nutritional information for blueberry jam includes 195 calories per 100 grams.
We’ll share this recipe for a delicious cheesecake made with yogurt and blueberry jam. Everyone will love it!
The proportions provided below yield enough for eight portions, so you can adapt the recipe if you have more or fewer guests.
Also read: 9 foods that reduce stress
Recipe for cheesecake with yogurt and blueberry jam
To make the graham cracker crust:
- 200 grams of graham crackers
- 80 grams of butter
For the yogurt filling:
- 4 plain Greek yogurts (500 grams)
- 1 cup of sugar (200 grams)
- 1 cup of whipping cream (200 ml)
- 3 packets of gelatin
For the blueberry jam:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of your favorite jam (350 grams)
- 1 and 1/2 packets of gelatin
Preparation of the crust
- The first thing you need to do is coat the bottom of your pan with butter or line it with wax paper.
- To make the graham cracker crust, melt the butter and thoroughly crush the graham crackers.
- Then mix the ingredients together.
- Pour it into the pan and press it in place.
- Store it in the fridge until it hardens.
Preparation of the filling
- For the yogurt filling, the first thing you need to do is pour the gelatin packets into a bowl with cold water.
- In another container, add the yogurt, the cream, and the sugar. Mix well and warm it slightly.
- Add the gelatin to the warm mixture and stir it for around 10 minutes until well mixed.
- Pour this filling over the graham cracker crust and allow it to cool.
Preparation of the topping
- All you need to do for the topping is add the blueberry jam.
- Heat it on low, add the gelatin to the jam, and remove it from heat.
- Next you need to pour everything on top of the yogurt filling and store it in the fridge for two hours to set.
You’re ready! You’ve got your delicious yogurt and blueberry cheesecake. This wonderful dessert won’t take too much of your valuable time.
Visit this article: How to prepare homemade yogurt and its benefits
Why choose a dessert made from blueberries
This cheesecake is low in sugar because most of its ingredients are practically sugar-free and it’s also not made with processed or commercial products.
If you’re trying to maintain your figure without giving up tasty, sweet desserts, this recipe is the one for you.
Blueberries are a very nutritious food that will leave you feeling satisfied no matter how you prepare them.
In addition to all of the above, be sure you choose ingredients that are cholesterol-free and rich in vitamins C and K, as well as fiber. That way, your dessert can be a refreshing diuretic.
Blueberries also contain flavonoids, which help to boost your memory and improve learning and cognitive function. They can even reduce your risk of certain diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
Consuming a cup of blueberries a day is recommended, but if you don’t enjoy them you can also opt for a variation on this food such as blueberry jam, the key ingredient in this dessert.
Without a doubt, this is a very healthy option because in addition to all of the above, this recipe includes dairy products that are rich in calcium and good for the bones.
This healthy, complete dessert is something that you can now make at home thanks to a simple recipe.