Make a Moisturizing Lip Balm to Protect Your Lips
n addition to adding moisture, this homemade lip balm has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties that will help avoid infections. It's antioxidants also prevent premature aging.
You can go to the store and find all sorts of lip balms that will protect the delicate skin of your lips from environmental pollutants and damage. Not everyone includes lip balm in their beauty routines, but more and more people are interested in preventing dryness and using moisturizing lip balm on a daily basis.
This area of your face is more sensitive than you might realize, and is easily damaged by the sun and other toxins.
In addition to the commercial options, there are also some homemade recipes with 100% natural ingredients that offer some important benefits for your skin.
Today we want to share an interesting recipe with you to prevent dehydration and take care of your lips.
Moisturizing lip balm to protectThe moisturizing lip balm we want to share with you is filled with essential nutrients that will regenerate the skin of your lips, especially when it is dry or cracked.
This combination of natural ingredients deeply moisturizes the skin and removes any dead cells from the surface.
Do you want to know more? See: The 4 best natural peels to remove dead skin cells
- It contains ingredients that will replenish any moisture stolen by the sun, chemicals, and other harmful environmental agents.
- It provides important amounts of vitamins C and E, which stimulate cellular regeneration of the skin.
- It has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that create a protective barrier against microorganisms that can irritate or infect this delicate area of your face.
- It contains antioxidants that reduce the negative impacts of free radicals, which cause premature aging.
- Essential fatty acids support the regeneration of your skin and promote healing.
- It does not contain any harmful chemicals and is appropriate for all skin types.
How do you make this moisturizing lip balm at home?It’s easy to make this natural cosmetic product, which doesn’t require any expensive or difficult to acquire ingredients. In fact, you can find most of them in herbal stores, pharmacies, and the cosmetics department.
- ¼ cup of beeswax (50 g)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil (5 g)
- 20 drops of coconut essence
- 2 drops of vitamin E oil
- ¼ teaspoon of honey (2 g)
- 1 handful of crushed rose petals
- 1 heat-resistant container
- A wooden spoon
- 1 glass jar with a lid
- Add the beeswax to the heat-resistant container and allow it to melt.
- Add the coconut oil and jojoba oil, stirring with the wooden spoon until they are mixed well.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add the coconut essence, vitamin E, and honey.
- Stir until well-mixed, and then add the rose petals.
- Store this lip balm in a glass jar with a lid in a cool, dark place.
Mode of application
- Using a little of this balm with your fingertips, apply it to your lips until it is completely absorbed.
- Repeat twice a day, every day.
Visit this article: 6 natural remedies for cracked lips
Tips for the best resultsIf you want to keep your lips soft and hydrated, be sure to follow some other basic care tips.
- Exfoliate your lips once or twice a week, avoiding the use of very abrasive products.
- Increase your water consumption to prevent dehydration.
- Avoid alcohol or tobacco use, because these toxins dry out and stain your skin.
- Make sure your other lip products aren’t expired.
- Remove all makeup every evening before bed.
- Don’t share any personal or cosmetic items, as this can lead to the spread of infection.
- Avoid moistening your lips with saliva, as it can alter the pH.
Do you have dry or dull lips? If they’re feeling cracked, try making this excellent balm at home and enjoy all its benefits.
Start including it in your daily skin care routine, as it’s the best way for them to stay soft and moisturized.