Make a Furniture Cleaner with Just 3 Ingredients
Making your own furniture cleaner has many advantages. Firstly, you save money, since they normally use low-cost eco-friendly ingredients. On the other hand, you’ll be sure to use soft formulas that protect your furniture while they disinfect it. Sound good?
If you notice that your furniture looks dull or dirty, don’t hesitate to make a fabulous, homemade, natural cleaner that will help you to remove dirt while adding shine to the surface. You just need to combine 3 simple ingredients that, in fact, you should already have. Try it out!
How to make a furniture cleaner with 3 ingredients
Regular cleaning and maintenance of furniture in your home is key to keep them in good shape as time passes. While the cleaning industry has developed a wide catalog of products for this purpose, there are some natural cleaners that have similar effects.
In fact, more and more people choose these alternatives, since they don’t contain aggressive chemical elements, don’t cause allergies, and are environmentally-friendly. Would you like to make a furniture cleaner? We’ll share the recipe with you below.
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (62 ml)
- 20 drops of lemon essential oil
- 1/2 cup of white vinegar (125 ml)
- Deep container
- Spray bottle
- Microfiber cloth
- First, take your clean, deep container and pour the olive oil in (you can use a cheap brand)
- Next, add the lemon essential oil and white vinegar
- Stir the ingredients until they’re well mixed
- Finally, pour the cleaner into a spray bottle
How to use it
- Spray the product on the item of furniture you want to clean
- Let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes and then scrub it with a microfiber cloth
- Make sure you leave the surface shining, without stains or spots
- To keep good results, use it at least twice a week
Why use this furniture cleaner?
There are many reasons for you to use this homemade furniture cleaner instead of the more conventional versions they sell in stores. Although store-bought versions are normally very effective, they can have chemical substances that aren’t always good for your health.
Some particles can even get in your respiratory system, setting off allergic reactions in children and sensitive people. By contrast, making your own natural furniture cleaner makes sure you stay away from those harmful chemicals, guaranteeing 100% natural ingredients.
Advantages of a natural furniture cleaner:
- Its ingredients are always soft and don’t affect your respiratory or skin health
- They don’t contain environmental pollutants
- Natural cleaners have similar cleaning power to what conventional products offer. They leave the surfaces of your furniture clean, free of stains, and disinfected.
- They are normally more cost-effective than similar products.
What does the olive oil do?
The medical and gastronomical applications of olive oil are known around the world. However, many people don’t know that it is also a great ally for cleaning. It works well on furniture to help remove dust, food residues, and spots.
Likewise, thanks to its oily compounds, it softens the wood and reduces that dull appearance that furniture normally gets after some time. Because of that, it’s a great help to polish and restore old furniture.
What does the lemon essential oil do?
This natural ingredient is part of many cleaning products, both natural and conventional. Thanks to its citric acid content, it’s perfect for removing grease, dirt, tough stains, and bad odors. In this particular case, it’s a disinfecting agent that leaves your furniture smelling good.
What does the white vinegar do?
Without a doubt, white vinegar is one of the most important ingredients when you make a natural furniture cleaner. This popular product has dozens of cleaning applications, since it’s a disinfectant and helps to remove all types of dirt.
In fact, applying it to furniture helps to keep the materials in good condition, promoting shine and protection against external factors. Additionally, like lemon essential oil, it’s good at neutralizing odors.
You still haven’t tried this cleaner? Follow the directions we provided in this article and see its effects when you clean your leather and wood furniture. You’ll love it!It might interest you...