Bake a Delicious Chocolate Orange Cake
There are many different recipes that have one thing in common: exquisite flavor and an incomparable aroma. Making a delicious orange and chocolate cake is easy and fun – all you need is a little creativity and the desire to bake something truly amazing. The combination of chocolate and orange is perfect in regard to flavor. Whether it’s a special celebration, Christmas, or a family snack, there will always be an occasion for this cake.
Orange cake with chocolate ganache
Orange Cake Ingredients
- 3 eggs (180 g)
- 2 cups of sugar (200 g)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt (2 g)
- 1 ½ cups of wheat flour (170 g)
- 1/3 cup of sunflower oil (80 ml)
- 1 package of yeast (10 g)
- 1 large orange (50 g)
Filling and chocolate ganache topping
- 2 tablespoons of butter (30 g)
- 2 chocolate bars (200 g)
- 3 tablespoons of honey (30 g)
- 2 cups of reduced fat cream (200 ml)
- First wash the orange well and slice it into pieces, leaving the peel on. The sweeter the orange is, the better the cake will taste.
- Mash the orange and add the eggs, sugar, and sunflower oil. Blend them until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour this mixture into a large bowl and add the wheat flour, yeast, and salt. Beat by hand until everything is well mixed.
- Grease a cake pan with butter and pour in the batter. Bake at 350 °F for 35 minutes. If you like, you can increase the heat to broil in order to lightly toast the top of the cake during its final minutes.
Chocolate ganache instructions
- Bring the cream, honey, and butter to a simmer in a small saucepan.
- Add the chocolate bar that are cut into smaller pieces. Stir and let this mixture sit until the chocolate has melted and all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Once you have a homogeneous glaze, use the ganache as a filling or topping for the cake.
Read this article too: Homemade Tres Leches Cake Recipe
Chocolate orange cake
- ½ cup of sugar (50 g)
- 1 medium egg (60 g)
- ½ cup of milk (50 ml)
- 1 stick of butter (75 g)
- ½ cup of orange juice (50 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder (10 g)
- 1 cup of wheat flour (100 g)
- A pinch of baking powder.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the egg and beat it until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the wheat flour and baking powder, continue mixing until you get a homogeneous batter.
- Divide this mixture into two equal parts. Add the orange juice to one, and the milk and cocoa powder to the other. Mix well.
- Grease a cake pan and add the two batters, swirling them together to achieve a marbled effect.
- You can add chocolate chips or nuts if desired.
- Bake at 375 °F for 40 minutes.
Check out this article too: Delicious Banana Cake Recipe
Orange marmalade chocolate cake
- 2 cups of sugar (200 g)
- 6 medium eggs (360 g)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla (5 ml)
- 7 tablespoons of butter (150 g)
- 5 large cups of wheat flour (500 g)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder (10 g)
- 2 cups of orange juice (200 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest (5 g)
- 1 cup of baking chocolate (130 g)
- Melt the baking chocolate and set it aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until you get a creamy consistency.
- Add the eggs one at a time while stirring constantly.
- Mix the flour and baking powder, and add them to the egg mixture, alternating with orange juice.
- Add the orange zest and vanilla. Mix well until you get a homogeneous batter.
- Set one cup of batter aside and mix with the melted chocolate.
- Grease and flour a cake pan and add both mixtures, alternating and swirling them to achieve a marbled effect.
- Bake for one hour at 350 °F. The cake is done when you can insert a toothpick through the middle and it comes out clean.
This delicious orange and chocolate cake can be garnished with chocolate chips, whipped cream, and more. Anything you’d like!It might interest you...