Bake a Delicious Chocolate Orange Cake
There are many different recipes that have one thing in common: exquisite flavor and an incomparable aroma. Making a delicious orange and chocolate cake is easy and fun – all you need is a little creativity and the desire to bake something truly amazing. The combination of chocolate and orange is perfect in regard to flavor. Whether it’s a special celebration, Christmas, or a family snack, there will always be an occasion for this cake.
Orange cake with chocolate ganache
Orange Cake Ingredients
- 3 eggs (180 g)
- 2 cups of sugar (200 g)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt (2 g)
- 1 ½ cups of wheat flour (170 g)
- 1/3 cup of sunflower oil (80 ml)
- 1 package of yeast (10 g)
- 1 large orange (50 g)
Filling and chocolate ganache topping
- 2 tablespoons of butter (30 g)
- 2 chocolate bars (200 g)
- 3 tablespoons of honey (30 g)
- 2 cups of reduced fat cream (200 ml)
- First wash the orange well and slice it into pieces, leaving the peel on. The sweeter the orange is, the better the cake will taste.
- Mash the orange and add the eggs, sugar, and sunflower oil. Blend them until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour this mixture into a large bowl and add the wheat flour, yeast, and salt. Beat by hand until everything is well mixed.
- Grease a cake pan with butter and pour in the batter. Bake at 350 °F for 35 minutes. If you like, you can increase the heat to broil in order to lightly toast the top of the cake during its final minutes.
Chocolate ganache instructions
- Bring the cream, honey, and butter to a simmer in a small saucepan.
- Add the chocolate bar that are cut into smaller pieces. Stir and let this mixture sit until the chocolate has melted and all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Once you have a homogeneous glaze, use the ganache as a filling or topping for the cake.
Read this article too: Homemade Tres Leches Cake Recipe
Chocolate orange cake
- ½ cup of sugar (50 g)
- 1 medium egg (60 g)
- ½ cup of milk (50 ml)
- 1 stick of butter (75 g)
- ½ cup of orange juice (50 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder (10 g)
- 1 cup of wheat flour (100 g)
- A pinch of baking powder.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the egg and beat it until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the wheat flour and baking powder, continue mixing until you get a homogeneous batter.
- Divide this mixture into two equal parts. Add the orange juice to one, and the milk and cocoa powder to the other. Mix well.
- Grease a cake pan and add the two batters, swirling them together to achieve a marbled effect.
- You can add chocolate chips or nuts if desired.
- Bake at 375 °F for 40 minutes.
Check out this article too: Delicious Banana Cake Recipe
Orange marmalade chocolate cake
- 2 cups of sugar (200 g)
- 6 medium eggs (360 g)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla (5 ml)
- 7 tablespoons of butter (150 g)
- 5 large cups of wheat flour (500 g)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder (10 g)
- 2 cups of orange juice (200 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of orange zest (5 g)
- 1 cup of baking chocolate (130 g)
- Melt the baking chocolate and set it aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until you get a creamy consistency.
- Add the eggs one at a time while stirring constantly.
- Mix the flour and baking powder, and add them to the egg mixture, alternating with orange juice.
- Add the orange zest and vanilla. Mix well until you get a homogeneous batter.
- Set one cup of batter aside and mix with the melted chocolate.
- Grease and flour a cake pan and add both mixtures, alternating and swirling them to achieve a marbled effect.
- Bake for one hour at 350 °F. The cake is done when you can insert a toothpick through the middle and it comes out clean.
This delicious orange and chocolate cake can be garnished with chocolate chips, whipped cream, and more. Anything you’d like!