Make a Delicious Chicken and Vegetables Dish
This is an extremely easy chicken and vegetables recipe. This dish is very healthy since it contains protein, fiber and various minerals.
This delicious chicken and vegetables recipe is good for you since the chicken has protein and the vegetables have high nutritional value. It is also very easy to make since the ingredients are inexpensive and easy to find. You can get them at your favorite supermarket or at the farmer’s market.
When it comes to meats, chicken is the most sought after because of its inexpensive price, easiness and usefulness in regard to cooking with it. Chicken is, without a doubt, a food that the body can use its nutrients in many different ways.
Depending on where you get it, chicken can vary in size, texture and color. As for the vegetables, they give this dish a variety of vitamins, minerals and fiber. So, if you don’t have a lot of time to make lunch, then give this recipe a try. It doesn’t take long and it’s a very tasty meal.
All you have to do is cut the vegetables, sauté them, add the chicken and you’re done. The following is a description for making this delicious chicken and vegetables dish.
The best chicken with vegetables recipe
Most likely you already have many (or all) of these ingredients in your fridge and pantry, so the first step will be very simple. Likewise, you can make it with chicken fillets from chicken breast or chicken thigh. It all depends on own your taste.
This is based on a meal for two. However, you can add more well-proportioned ingredients, depending on the number of people you are making the dish for.
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 carrot (10 g)
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 large potato (30 g)
- 1 medium onion (40 g)
- Vegetable oil (to taste)
- 1 cup of chicken broth (250 ml)
- 1 cup of white wine (100 ml)
- 4 fillets of chicken breast (400 g)
- 2 peppers, one red and one green (30 g)
- Cut all the vegetables (the green pepper, red pepper, carrot and onion) into small pieces. Then, do the same with the potato (make sure they have been previously washed and peeled).
- Once you have cut up all of the vegetables, add the salt so they lose moisture when cooking. This makes it easier to cook them because they release water as they cook.
- In a saucepan, add the oil and then sauté the vegetables with a bit of salt (to taste).
- When everything is sautéed, add the cup of chicken broth and the cup of white wine. You can buy ready-to-go chicken broth or make it yourself by following these steps:
- Put water in a pan with vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, celery, turnip, leek and chicken.
- Let the ingredients boil in a pot for a little bit, over a medium flame, so the water absorbs the chicken flavor.
5. Add the chicken and add another pinch of salt.
6. Let it cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and the broth has evaporated. The vegetables should be turned into a sauce around the chicken.
Additional versions for making a delicious chicken and vegetables dish
Sometimes you can use salt water instead of the chicken broth to cook all of the ingredients. However, if you don’t want to risk losing the flavor, add chopped tomatoes to the vegetables.
By doing this, you are adding a more intense flavor to the broth. If you want, you can add even more vegetables to your chicken and vegetable dish. You can also garnish it with chopped parsley.
This recipe is very flexible because you can remove or add vegetables as much as you’d like. Of course, it all depends on the flavor you want to get from it. Once you have tried it out a few different ways, you’ll see which one best suits your taste.
Take note of the vegetables and the amount them you use. Of course, you can change the amount and type of vegetables that you are going to use. In some cases, you can even make this chicken and vegetables dish in an oven. Simply add chopped tomato and one teaspoon of Italian seasoning to the ingredients list.
Instead of putting everything in a saucepan, put all of the ingredients along with the chicken on a tray and bake at 180 C for about 15 minutes.
If you like rice, you can also add it. Make it separately and afterwards add it to the sautéed vegetables. To add more flavor to the chicken, you can also make it sweet and sour. In this case, you should cut the chicken up into smaller pieces.
Follow the steps in this recipe in order to make the sweet and sour sauce. Enjoy your delicious chicken and vegetables dish with different garnishes, or even as a wrap.It might interest you...