Five Home Remedies to Lower Your Bad Cholesterol
Hypercholesterolemia, or the excessive accumulation of cholesterol in your arteries, is a disorder that affects more and more people every day. Today we’ll look at remedies to lower your bad cholesterol.
This lipid, which is naturally produced by your liver, is in many foods that you eat. Because of this, your body retains too much.
As a result of this retention, your risk of chronic cardiovascular diseases goes up. Plus, other vital systems in your body are compromised, too.
The most concerning thing of all is that it doesn’t often have obvious symptoms, so it’s usually detected late when complications have already started.
Therefore, living a healthy lifestyle is the best idea. That means eating a moderate amount of fat and increasing your consumption of healthy goods such as fruit and vegetables.
Home remedies to lower your bad cholesterol
Some people believe the following home remedies help lower bad cholesterol. However, there’s no scientific evidence of their effect on their own. Thus, you must ideally include them in your diet as part of a healthy lifestyle.
1. Garlic and lemon
First of all, raw garlic and lemon juice contain antioxidants that help remove fat that accumulates in your arteries. Both of these foods purify your blood and prevent disorders caused by excessive inflammation.
- 1 raw garlic clove
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- Squeeze the lemon juice and set aside
- Separately, peel the garlic clove and make sure it’s not dented
- Finally, proceed to crush the garlic clove to a paste and then mix it with the lemon juice
- You can consume the remedy directly with a spoon (it’ll have a strong flavor) or you can dilute it in a glass of water
2. A parsley-lime beverage can help to lower your bad cholesterol
This parsley-lemon beverage is a refreshing drink that can help you replace soft drinks and other industrial beverages. This is because these only contribute to the increase of bad cholesterol and the development of other health problems. Keep in mind that both ingredients should be fresh.
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 1 branch of fresh parsley
- 1 glass of water
- Firstly, squeeze the juice of half a lemon and add it to the water
- Then, stir with a teaspoon to integrate well
- Wash and drain the parsley well; then chop it as finely as possible
- Place the parsley in the glass with water and lemon
- Finally, stir with the spoon again and consume immediately
Check out these Seven Natural Remedies to Reduce Hypertension
3. Cucumber and guava
Cucumbers are rich in water so if you add them to a classic guava juice you’ll end up with a home remedy that can naturally lower your bad cholesterol level. Be sure to consume it within a balanced diet in order to appreciate its results.
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 guavas
- 1/2 cup of water
- Wash and drain the cucumber well, you don’t have to peel it but you should cut it into small pieces (or thin slices if you prefer)
- Now, proceed to extract the pulp from the guavas
- Place both ingredients in the blender together with half a glass of water and process until homogenized
- Serve and consume at once
- In order to have a slightly sweet taste, we recommend using ripe guavas
4. Pineapple-ginger beverage
You can consume this drink hot or cold, it all depends on your preferences. Also, keep in mind that ginger is contraindicated in some cases, so consult your doctor before incorporating it in any way into your diet.
- 3 slices of pineapple with the skin
- 3 c. of water
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger
- Firstly, cut the pineapple slices into several pieces without removing the skin, and boil them in a pot with the water
- Then, turn off the fire once the water reaches its boiling point and add the grated ginger
- Let the liquid rest for a few minutes until it reaches a temperature fit for consumption
- Finally, strain and serve
5. Sesame, apples, and oats
In view of the fact that oats are highly recommended as a complement to any diet, particularly in patients with high cholesterol, we propose the following drink. You’ll surely find it delicious, satiating, and refreshing.
- 1 apple
- A glass of water
- 2 tbsp of oats
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- Firstly, add the tablespoon of sesame to a cup of boiling water and let sit overnight
- Then, strain the next morning and add the liquid to a blender along with the green apple and oats
- Also, blend it until well-mixed
- Serve and consume in moderation as part of your breakfast or mid-morning snack
What else can you do to lower your bad cholesterol?
Keep in mind that no drink will restore your health. You may consume as many as you wish but always as a complement to a balanced diet.
The best thing you can do to lower your cholesterol levels is to follow your doctor’s instructions and improve your habits. You should learn to eat healthily and exercise daily, at least 30 or 40 minutes a day.
Consult your doctor if you have doubts about what you can do daily to improve your lifestyle. You can also consult the information of the experts of your local heart foundation.It might interest you...