Low-Calorie Cucumber and Avocado Soup
This cucumber and avocado soup is light and full of nutrients, which is why you should definitely include it in your diet!
Cucumber and avocado soup is quick, healthy and easy to make.
You only need two basic ingredients to prepare it. However, you can add more depending on what you have at home.
In this article, we’ll share two variations so you can adapt the recipe to suit your tastes.
The Nutritional Value and Benefits of Cucumbers
Cucumber is a recommended food for low-calorie diets because it contains a lot of water and vitamins.
Overall, it’s a very interesting food from a nutritional standpoint and is suitable for low-calorie diets, since it’s low in carbohydrates and contains a lot of water.
- Cucumbers are made up of approximately 97% water.
- They’re low in carbohydrates and protein and almost contains no fat.
- They’re also rich in antioxidants because they contain vitamins A, B, and C.
- Although they aren’t considered rich in minerals, they do contain some phosphorus, iron, potassium, magnesium, and sulfur.
Cucumbers provide many health benefits, such as:
- They’re a natural anti-inflammatory agent thanks to their high water content.
- They help control stress. Cucumbers contain a significant amount of B vitamins, which help relax the nervous system and mitigate the impact of anxiety.
- They promote intestinal transit due to their high water and fiber content.
- Cucumbers help keep your weight in check because they’re a food with very low caloric intake.
- They prevent hypertension. Cucumbers contain potassium, a mineral associated with hypotension. This is because plays a role in urinary sodium excretion (which helps prevent high blood pressure).
This article may interest you: The Benefits of Cucumber Juice
The Nutritional Value and Benefits of Avocados
Avocados are known for their cardiovascular health benefits thanks to the omega-3 and phytosterols they contain.
Avocados have a low water content compared to other vegetables. They contain a lot of monounsaturated fats, oleic acid, and omega-3.
They also contain very few carbohydrates, approximately 7%, 3% protein, and 3% fiber. Plus, they’re rich in vitamins (K, C, B5, B6, and E) and minerals such as potassium, manganese, iron, and phosphorus.
The benefits of eating avocados
Since it’s a food rich in omega-3, avocados provide a lot of health benefits. Here are the most important ones. They:
- Improve cardiovascular health thanks to their high plant sterols content, which helps regulate blood cholesterol levels.
- Are one of the best sources of potassium, a mineral that’s essential for lowering blood pressure and necessary for many metabolic processes.
- Are rich in folic acid (vitamin B), which is related to the prevention of breast, colon, and pancreatic cancer.
- Prevent constipation and promote intestinal transit, since they contain a significant amount of fiber.
Cucumber and Avocado Soup Recipe
This soup is a refreshing, versatile, and nutrient-rich dish.
Cucumber and avocado soup is very versatile because it goes well with many ingredients, such as yogurt, cream, evaporated milk, carrot, orange, apple, etc.
Below, discover two tasty recipes.
Cucumber and Avocado Soup with Apples
- 1/2 liter of cold water
- 3 cucumbers
- 2 avocados
- 1 apple
- The juice of half a lemon
- Raw shelled almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, peel and chop the apple, cucumbers, and avocados.
- Then, prepare the lemon juice and pour all the ingredients into a blender or in a food processor.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and store in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- When serving, add chopped raw almonds or another nut along with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Cucumber and Avocado Soup with Greek Yogurt
- 3 cucumbers
- 1 avocado
- 3 Greek yogurts
- Cold water
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Extra virgin olive oil
The method of preparation is very similar to the first recipe we shared in this article.
- Simply blend all the ingredients and then add salt, garlic powder, and pepper to taste.
- Store in the fridge for a couple of hours and add nuts or sesame or chia seeds for added texture.
- You can substitute Greek yogurt for liquid cream and add curry or ginger depending on the flavor you want to achieve.