Lose Weight the Easy Way with These Homemade Smoothies
Weight loss is an issue that shouldn’t be taken lightly. Although we’ve been given the idea that we can achieve it almost instantly, the truth of the matter is that it’s a process that requires patience and professional intervention. That’s why, although we can support our endeavors with homemade smoothies, it’s important to be clear on what healthy weight loss involves. What does this mean?
What we mean is that we can’t fall for the idea that miraculous weight loss is possible. In other words, we should avoid fast diets, pills, and any method that promises quick weight loss. Instead, we should adopt a healthy diet, an exercise routine, and other complementary habits that contribute to good results.
In this sense, we have to know that some shakes, being low in calories, can help us to obtain good results. They’re satiating drinks that are rich in vitamins and minerals, which improve the quality of the diet and the process of losing weight. Discover some recipes in the article below.
The popularity of homemade smoothies
In recent years, homemade smoothies have become popular as an ally for weight loss. In fact, many celebrities claimed that they were one of their “secrets” for keeping in shape. However, all this lent itself to misinterpretations by consumers.
While some questioned their effectiveness, others began to consume them inordinately without taking into account other factors. As a result, in the long run, they failed in their attempts to lose weight and, on the contrary, gained extra kilos. Why is this?
Well, as we’ve already mentioned, weight loss depends on many factors. Therefore, drinking shakes alone or going on a diet based on shakes can do little or nothing to help. It’s then when it becomes important to consult a nutritionist, doctor, or endocrinologist.
These professionals can help design a more complete plan to lose weight without compromising your health. But, above all, they’re in charge of providing strategies to maintain the weight lost over time. So, if you’re overweight or obese, prioritize medical consultations before anything else.
Homemade smoothies to help you lose weight
Optimal consumption of fruits and vegetables can contribute to a healthy and balanced weight. In general, this variety of foods helps maintain a feeling of satiety without adding too many calories. In addition, their vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants contribute to wellbeing.
Of the many ways to incorporate them into the diet, smoothies are a popular choice. In fact, a publication in Harvard Health Publishing points out that these types of recipes help increase fruit and vegetable consumption. However, the same source suggests that, if possible, it’s better to eat fresh, whole fruits and vegetables.
If you still want to incorporate them into your diet, they can certainly help you. The important thing is that you moderate their consumption, or limit them to breakfast or snacks. Here are some options.
Papaya and banana smoothie
Papaya and banana smoothies have a very addictive sweet taste that will surely please those who enjoy this flavor.
- 1 large papaya, cubed
- 2 bananas
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Ice (as preferred)
- Wash all the ingredients well before making the smoothie.
- Move all the ingredients to a blender and blend until the smoothie is the same color throughout.
Refreshing green smoothie
Smoothies with a touch of celery, herbs, and vegetables are refreshing and therefore perfect to enjoy after a workout or on a hot summer day.
- 2 cucumbers
- 3 green apples
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 cup of organic spinach (30 g)
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice (50 ml)
- After washing all the ingredients, cube them and move to a blender.
- Blend the smoothie until it’s the same color throughout and add the lemon juice and it’s all set. You’ll have a delicious smoothie that’ll help you lose weight!
Vine-ripe tomato smoothie
If you’re a gazpacho or salsa lover, then you’ll really love this homemade smoothie made of vine-ripe tomatoes. As this fruit is rich in water, it’s usually quite runny. So, if you want it more consistent, add a touch of celery and cucumber.
- 3 vine-ripe tomatoes
- 3 celery stalks
- 4 cups of filtered water (1 liter)
- 3 cucumbers
- Ice (as preferred)
- First, remove the seeds from the tomatoes.
- Thinly slice the cumbers and chop the celery stalks as finely as possible.
- Move the ingredients to a blender and blend until the smoothie is the same color throughout.
We recommend that you read: Fat-Burning Smoothies That Will Fascinate You
Spinach, celery, and papaya smoothie
If you want to get away from the classic combination of papaya and another fruit ─like banana─, but don’t want to give up sweetness altogether, the following recipe is for you.
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 papaya
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 bananas
- 4 prunes
- 1 teaspoon of flax seeds (5 g)
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- Wash all of the ingredients and chop them into small pieces.
- Move them to a blender, along with the glass of water for a thinner smoothie.
Orange, celery, mint, and parsley smoothie
Instead of papaya, you can use orange to enjoy a sweet touch in your homemade smoothies. The following recipe is proof of that.
- 1 handful of mint leaves
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 cup of natural orange juice (250 ml)
- 1 cup of parsley leaves (30 g)
- Start by adding all of the ingredients to a blender or juicer.
- If your smoothie is a little thick after blending, add a glass of water.
- Don’t forget to add some ice before enjoying.
Homemade smoothies are a good option to increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables. However, in order to help you lose weight, you must maintain, in general, a healthy diet and good habits.