How to Possibly Lose Weight with Salads
The exquisite mix of vegetables, legumes, and fruit in salads not only gives you vitamins and antioxidants that your body needs, but also may help you keep a healthy and proper diet that may help you lose a few pounds.
Salads are a perfect dish for eating on a daily basis. Eating them may ensure you get the recommended dose of fiber while enjoying low calories, hydrating food, more energy, and confidence in your diet.
With a little bit of imagination and time, you can make truly delicious salads. We share some salad recipes in this article.
How can you possibly lose weight with salads?
They taste good
Keep in mind that you’re not limited in how you combine things. There are recipes for anyone’s tastes or whatever needs you may have. The ingredients are easy to find. You can add vegetables, legumes, fruit, nuts, spices, etc.
They’re low in calories
Salads tend to fill your stomach up and only have about 200 calories per serving. Lettuce, for example, has a lot of fiber and water so if you eat it, you will stay hydrated. If you add spinach, you’ll get iron and vitamins with very few calories. It’s satisfying and high in protein.
They’re easy to make
You barely have to cook to make a salad. The ingredients are easy to find. Also, you just have to wash them well, cut them into pieces, put them on a plate, and add the dressing.
But you should choose the ingredients wisely. Don’t include fattening dressings. Some examples of these are mayonnaise and ketchup. Avoid saturated fats and look for fresh and healthy ingredients.
Salads have a lot of vitamins and protein
Remember that vegetables are an amazing and natural source of calcium, iron, vitamins, etc. If you combine them with grilled turkey or chicken breast, you’ll get even more protein. Therefore, the proper choice and combination of ingredients is important.
The right dressing can also help
Avoid commercial dressings. If you need dressing on your salad, choose olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon, and spices: pepper, rosemary, oregano, parsley, or chopped garlic.
Read more: How to Make Rosemary and Garlic Oil
Ingredients to avoid
Avoid the aforementioned dressings (mayonnaise and ketchup) as well as foie gras, brie cheese, goat cheese, croutons, bacon, etc.
These recipes may help you on your weight loss journey
To make these delicious salads, you should keep the following information in mind:
- Always choose fresh ingredients that are in season.
- Make the salad right before you intend to eat it, not a day before.
- Season before serving in the following order: First salt (if you want salt or a substitute), then lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar), and lastly oil. If you put oil on first, this will give the rest of the ingredients a strange taste
- In case you’re very hungry, have a good base of various types of lettuce to fill yourself up without having too many calories or fat. This is a good idea if you want to lose weight with salads.
- If you’re going to add ingredients that need to be cooked such as green beans, beans, seafood, or chicken, do it beforehand and put them in the salad when they’re cold.
You can choose the amounts. Depending on how hungry you are, you can add more or less lettuce. Eat them at your main meals during the week. You can have them with chicken or turkey breast. The ingredients that they use are filling and may help you lose weight.
- Thinly sliced lettuce.
- A small cut up avocado.
- A cup of pineapple pieces.
- A cup of melon pieces.
- Seasoned with lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Thinly sliced lettuce
- 100 grams of grated carrot
- 50 grams of diced onion
- 2 cut up oranges
- 8 olives
- Seasoned with lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and white pepper
Turkey and carrot salad
- Sliced turkey breast
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 raw carrot, grated
- 2 cups of sliced lettuce
- Raw peppers cut into very thin strips
- Seasoned with orange juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and white pepper
- 150 grams of cut up beets
- 100 grams of diced carrots
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 50 grams of onion, diced
- Seasoned with orange juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and pepper
Spinach and shrimp salad
- 50 grams of spinach
- 5 cooked shrimp
- 2 cups of sliced lettuce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- Seasoned with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one of olive oil