Lose Weight with Negative Calorie Foods
Did you know you can lose weight with negative calorie foods? You may be confused by “food with negative calories” because you think that anything negative is always bad.
However, in this case, just the opposite happens, because this kind of food can help you lose weight healthily without eliminating the number of calories that you need every day from your body.
Read also: The Best Gym Machines for Burning Calories
What Is a Negative Calorie Balance
There are no foods with negative calories because calories are a physical unit that can never be negative.
However, the term “negative calorie foods” refers to those foods with calorie levels that are low enough to give you energy and support the digestive process, helping you lose weight at the same time.
For example, drinking water is definitely a negative calorie food. It does not contain calories and in order to process it in your body, your body has to use energy.
There are very few foods with “negative calories”. Although we will give you a list below, the truth is that these foods do not use more calories than what they give in every case; and almost every time they do, it tends to be insignificant.
You should obviously keep in mind that your body uses energy by just staying alive and breathing.
For this same reason, many of these foods are so effective that they can help you even when you are not doing anything.
What Precautions Should You Take When Eating Negative Calorie Foods to Lose Weight?
As with other types of diets, you will always want to fall into the temptation of only eating foods with negative calories to achieve your weight loss goals.
However, this is not at all what you should do, because a lack of energy and nutrients will cause malnutrition.
You should also try to have a balanced diet that includes other necessary foods for the proper functioning of your body.
Detoxification with Negative Calorie Foods
One of the more healthy ways to take advantage of the benefits of negative calorie foods to lose weight consists of doing a detoxification to take advantage of its properties.
This detoxification can be done in two or three days, whenever you feel like your body needs to renew itself.
However, you can also include these foods regularly in your diet to take advantage of its many benefits.
What You Should Not Do with Negative Calorie Foods
In order to support your weight loss diet with negative calorie foods, you don’t need to follow something very strict.
Keep the following tips in mind:
- Avoid eating these foods in excess because their ingredients in large quantities could have negative effects on your health.
- Don’t spend the whole day eating. Plan 5 or 6 meals a day and include more of these foods during the 2 or 3 days of detoxification.
- Try to eat raw foods so that you can take advantage of their properties as much as possible.
- When you are done detoxing, it is very important to have a healthy and balanced diet.
Read also: How to Make a Low-calorie Vegetarian Paella
Recommended Negative Calorie Foods
- Vegetables: asparagus, green beans, algae, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrot, cauliflower, celery, radish, cucumber, peas, Chinese cabbage, leek, lettuce, chicory, spinach, tomato.
- Fruits: apple, blueberry, cranberry, grapefruit, lemon, lime, raspberry.
- Spices and herbs: cinnamon, clove, chili, cilantro, linseed, garlic, ginger, onion, parsley.
Other Benefits of Negative Calorie Foods
- Activate the metabolism
- Can control blood sugar levels
- Increase energy levels
- Improve digestion and contribute to colon cleansing
- Help cleanse the liver
- Fight fluid retention and reduce bloating
- Reduce cholesterol levels in the blood
- Contribute to good hair, skin, and even nail health
- Help improve concentration
- Some foods are recommended to prevent and reduce stress, anxiety, and depression