A One-Week Weight Loss Diet You Should Try
For best results, it’s very important to combine this diet with physical activity and also drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is key.
Nowadays, most people are either overweight or obese. These are major health problems that stem from leading sedentary lifestyles and having poor eating habits. But fighting these issues isn’t impossible. There are many new strategies key to losing weight and regaining a healthy figure, such as this one-week weight loss diet.
Many people are constantly searching for alternative weight loss diets. This is because, although they want to lose weight for themselves to make them feel better, there’s also the belief that having a healthy weight is synonymous with having good health.
If you’re looking for a way to lose weight easily and none of the diets you’ve tried so far have worked for you, in today’s article we want to share a safe and effective one-week weight loss diet you should try that will help you get rid of those unwanted pounds.
The “miracle soup” diet
The “miracle soup” diet was created in 1988 at the Loma Linda University Medical Center in California. At first, this soup was given to patients who were overweight and had heart disease. These patients needed to lose weight before they could safely undergo surgery.
But over the years, this soup became a popular and well-known recipe among people who wanted to lose weight both quickly and safely.
Read more here: 5 Seeds to Include in Your Weight Loss Diet
This diet consists of a seven-day plan during which your body is in a detox process. The goal of this process is to eliminate the toxins that negatively affect your health.
While you do the diet, you’ll feel better and have a general sense of well-being that will motivate you to finish it. Your dietary intake during the seven days will consist of vegetables, fruits, lean meat, and soup.
This diet is free from flours, fats, and sugars. Thus, your body is forced to burn calories more quickly and use up body fat as reserves to supply you with the energy you need throughout the day.
How to follow your one-week weight loss diet safely
Before we tell you exactly how to follow this one-week weight loss diet, we must say that this diet should only be used in special cases. Under no circumstances should you follow it for more than one week.
Also, you must remember that this diet doesn’t give your body all the nutrients it needs for the long run. This is why you must only follow it for seven days.
At the end of the seven days, you should be ready to lead a healthier lifestyle and have a more balanced diet that lets you maintain your desired weight. This way, you reduce your chances of regaining the pounds you may have lost on this quick weight loss plan.
Avoid this diet and others like it if you suffer from kidney problems or diabetes. People with these conditions need a more balanced and complete diet. Consult with your doctor, as well.
A one-week weight loss diet you should try
- Day 1: You should eat several servings of fruit, preferably those with high water contents like watermelon, cantaloupe, and pineapple.
- Day 2: Eat lots of fresh vegetables, preferably raw. Avoid beans, green peas, or corn. You can also choose to eat cooked vegetables. Also, don’t forget to increase your water intake.
- Day 3: Mix fruits and vegetables. Avoid starchy food like potatoes and bananas.
- Day 4: During this day, you can consume up to eight bananas and drink up to six glasses of skim milk. That will give your body the energy it needs while reducing your desire to eat sweets.
- Day 5: Eat two to three servings of lean meat during the day. Also, eat about six small tomatoes. The meat you eat should be broiled or roasted. The tomatoes can be eaten raw or boiled. Be sure to drink plenty of water.
- Day 6: Have two to three servings of lean meats, complemented with lots of raw or boiled green vegetables.
- Day 7: This last day, you can consume up to three servings of brown rice and have fruit and vegetable smoothies (without added sweeteners).
The “miracle soup” recipe
In addition to the foods listed above, you can eat as much of the following soup as you like every day whenever you feel hungry. It doesn’t have a lot of calories, so you can enjoy it several times a day.
- 3 white onions
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tomato
- A head of cabbage
- 1 bunch of celery
- 2 carrots
- Salt (in moderation)
- Other seasonings (to taste)
How to make it
- Slice all the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and bring them to a boil in a pot filled with water.
- Boil for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season as desired.
Carrot and parsley weight loss juice recipe
To complement the soup we described above, we also recommend drinking carrot and parsley juice. This juice helps eliminate any excess fluids. You can drink a cup of this juice every day without any complications. However, it’s best if you combine it with some physical activity.
- 2 oranges
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- 1 bunch of parsley
How to make it
- Juice the oranges.
- Blend all the ingredients until you have a smooth, homogeneous juice.
- You can also pass the vegetables through a juicer and mix them with the water and the orange juice.
Did you enjoy this one-week weight loss diet? Don’t forget to share it on your social networks!