Today, most people are either overweight or obese, which are major health problems that stem from leading sedentary lifestyles and having poor eating habits. But fighting these issues isn’t impossible; there are lots of new strategies to rid yourself of those extra pounds and regain a healthy figure.
Many people are constantly searching for alternative weight loss diets, because although on the one hand they do it for themselves and it makes them feel better, there’s also the belief that having a healthy weight is synonymous with having good health.
If you’re looking for a way to lose weight easily and none of the diets you’ve tried so far have worked for you, in today’s article we want to share a safe and effective diet to try that will help you get rid of those unwanted pounds.
The “miracle soup” diet to lose weight in one week
The “miracle soup” diet was created in 1988 at the Loma Linda Hospital in California. At first, this soup was given to patients who were overweight and had heart disease, and needed to lose weight before they could safely undergo surgery. But over the years this soup became a popular and well-known recipe among people who wanted to lose weight both quickly, and safely.
This diet consists of a seven-day plan during which your body is in a process of detox and elimination of the toxins that negatively affect your health. After you undergo the diet you’ll be healthier overall and have a general sense of well-being that will motivate you to finish it. Your dietary intake during the seven days will consist of vegetables, fruits, lean meat, and soup.The “miracle soup” itself includes ingredients like cabbage, which provides a feeling of fullness and helps speed up your metabolism to promote weight loss. This diet is free from flours, fats, and sugars, so your body is forced to burn calories more quickly and use up body fat as reserves to supply you with the energy you need throughout the day.
How to follow your diet safely
Before we tell you exactly how to lose weight in one week (up to 10 pounds), it’s important to say that this diet should only be used in special cases, and under no circumstances should you follow it for more than the time that’s recommended. Remember – this diet doesn’t give your body all the nutrients it needs for the long run, so for your own health you can only use it for seven days.
What you should aim for, however, is at the end of the seven days you’re ready to lead a healthier lifestyle and have a more balanced diet that lets you maintain your desired weight, so you don’t regain the pounds you lost on this quick weight loss plan.
Avoid this diet and others like it if you suffer from kidney problems or diabetes. People with these conditions need a more balanced and complete diet. Consult with you doctor, as well.
Diet to lose weight in seven days
- Day 1: You should eat several servings of fruit, preferably those that have a high water content like watermelon, cantaloupe, and pineapple.
- Day 2: Eat lots of fresh vegetables, preferably raw. Avoid beans, green peas, or corn. You can also choose to eat cooked vegetables, and don’t forget to increase your water intake.
- Day 3: Mix fruits and vegetables, avoiding starchy food like potatoes and bananas.
- Day 4: During this day you can consume up to eight bananas and drink up to six glasses of skim milk. That will give your body the energy it needs by this time, while reducing your desire to eat sweets.
- Day 5: Eat two to three servings of lean meat during the day, and about six small tomatoes. Meat should be broiled or roasted, and your tomatoes can be eaten raw or boiled. Be sure to drink plenty of water.
- Day 6: Have two to three servings of lean meats, complemented with lots of raw or boiled green vegetables.
- Day 7: Today you can consume up to three servings of brown rice, and have fruit and vegetable smoothies that are made without added sweeteners.
The “miracle soup” recipe
In addition to the foods listed above for this diet, you can have as much of the following soup as you want every day, whenever you feel hungry. It provides very few calories, so you can enjoy it several times a day with no consequences.
- 3 white onions
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 bunch of celery
- 2 carrots
- Salt in moderation
- Other seasoning to taste
How do you make it?
Slice all the vegetables into bite sized pieces, and bring them to a boil in a pot filled with water. Boil for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, and season as desired.
Recipe for carrot and parsley juice to lose weight
To complement the soup we describe above, we also recommend drinking carrot and parsley juice to aid in weight loss by promoting the elimination of any excess fluids. You can drink a cup of this juice every day without any complications, but it’s best if you combine it with some form of physical activity.
- 2 oranges
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- 1 bunch of parsley
How do you make it?
Juice the oranges. Blend all ingredients until you have a smooth, homogeneous juice, or pass the vegetables through a juicer and mix them with water and the orange juice.
Did you enjoy this article? Don’t forget to share it on your social networks!