Lemon’s Weight Loss Properties
Lemon is a very common ingredient in most pantries. Find out how to use it to complement your weight loss efforts in the article below.
Although there aren’t many studies performed on the precise benefits of this fruit, lemon’s weight loss properties are well-known. The properties of lemon are best enjoyed if consumed every day, which can easily be done by adding a squeeze to beverages like tea or water, or to dishes like salad or fish.
This citrus boasts a number of health benefits, not only for weight loss, but also as an antiseptic, a purifier, disinfectant, and an active agent for skin care.
You might also like: How to Use Cloves in Natural Remedies to Improve Digestion
Lemons’ weight loss properties
- They are rich in flavonoids, an ingredient removes fat from blood. This will definitely determine an important change when applied to your daily diet.
- Lemons are natural diuretics, which help eliminate toxins from the body, not only through the digestive system, but also through the bladder and kidneys by increasing the amount of urine.
- Because lemon juice has a composition similar to that of our saliva, it generates the production of more gastric juices in the stomach. This helps decompose food much more quickly.
- Its citrus content (citric acid) acts by helping maximize enzyme functions that stimulate the liver. The presence of vitamin C is also very important and fundamental for health, with its ability to strengthen the immune system.
- Lemon is very rich in pectin (soluble fiber) that acts strongly in the fight against cravings. This will be one of the most useful components in your diet. It also alkalizes the body, another reason why it will reduce hunger throughout the day.
- If you’re one of those people that doesn’t like the idea of exercising very much, lemon juice will be greatly helpful for you. This is true because it provides the body with more energy and when you drink it.
- Also, it will improve your mood. It helps fight against daily annoyances, anxiety and depression.
- The lemon diet will not only provide you with an insignificant amount of calories, but it will also provide you with a series of nutrients and health benefits.
- Along with this list of advantages, we could also list its contribution for eliminating indigestion, heartburn, gasses and swelling. It decreases and suppresses liquid discomforts and unwanted materials in the body. In this case, lemon promotes efficient digestion, stimulating the liver and producing bile, which is a necessary acid for digestion.
What should you do?
Making “lemon tea” is a very simple process. All you need to do is squeeze the juice of one lemon into a glass of warm water. The best time to drink it is every morning before breakfast.
The water should be fresh and shouldn’t be too hot or too cold because this makes digestion more difficult. It will cause your body to take more time to digest it. This means you won’t be benefitting from lemon’s weight loss properties.
In conclusion: drink your water at a temperature that is pleasant for drinking. Think about your body’s functioning, which means, drink warm water. Another tip is to use fresh and organic lemons if possible. Half a lemon should be more than sufficient for your diet.
Read also: Min Tea, Great for Weight Loss
For better results with lemon use, drink warm lemon water before breakfast and add a bit of grated ginger to it. This will provides great benefits and impressive natural properties.
*Note: It has been shown that people who follow a more alkaline diet lose weight more quickly. However, lemon’s weight loss properties are maximized if you add a complete exercise routine and a balanced diet.