How to Lose Weight with the Help of Lemons
Although there aren’t many studies performed on the precise benefits of lemons, this citrus fruit is a well-known aid in both weight loss and health, especially among women. The properties of lemon are best enjoyed if consumed every day, which can easily be done by adding a squeeze to beverages like tea or water, or to dishes like salad or fish.
Lemons boast a number of health benefits, not only for weight loss, but also as an antiseptic, a purifier, disinfectant, and an active agent for skin care.
Lemons’ weight loss properties
- 1. Lemons have what is known as a flavonoid, which is a content that removes fat from blood. This will definitely determine an important change when applied to your daily diet.
- 2. Lemons are natural diuretics, which helps eliminate toxins from the body not only through the digestive system, but also through the bladder and kidneys by increasing the amount of urine.
- 3. Because lemon juice has a composition similar to that of our saliva, it generates the production of more gastric juices in the stomach. This helps decompose food much more quickly.
- 4. Its citrus content (citric acid) acts by helping maximize enzyme functions that stimulate the liver. The presence of vitamin C is also very important and fundamental for health, with its ability to strenthen the immune system.
- 5. Lemon is very rich in a special fiber called “Pectin” (soluble fiber) that acts strongly in the fight against cravings. This will be one of the most useful components in your diet. It also alkalizes the body, another reason that it will reduce hunger throughout the day.
- 6. If you’re one of those people that doesn’t like the idea of exercising very much, lemon juice will be greatly helpful for you, as it provides the body with more energy and when you drink it, it will change your mood. It fights against daily annoyances, anxiety and depression.
- 7. The lemon diet will not only provide you with an insignificant amount of calories, but it will also provide you with a series of nutrients and health benefits.
- 8. Along with this list of advantages, we could also list its contribution for eliminating indigestion, heartburn, gasses and swelling. It decreases and suppresses liquid discomforts and unwanted materials in the body. In this case, lemon promotes efficient digestion, stimulating the liver and producing bile, which is a necessary acid for digestion.
What should you do?
Making “lemon tea” is a very simple process. All you need to do is squeeze the juice of one lemon into a glass of warm water. The most effective process in which to consume this “tea” is by drinking it every morning before breakfast.
Your water should be fresh and shouldn’t be too hot or too cold (or iced) because this makes digestion more difficult. It will cause your body to strain more to digest it, which means it won’t be fulfilling its functions. In conclusion: drink your water at a temperature that is pleasant for drinking. Think about your body’s functioning, which means, drink warm water.
Another very effective method is to use fresh and organic lemons if possible. Half a lemon should be more than sufficient for your diet.
*Note: It has been shown that people who follow a more alkaline diet lose weight more quickly. However, it would also be very effective if you were to add a complete exercise routine to your lemon diet, along with a balanced diet. If you’re not excited about playing sports, remember that lemon will give you the energy to start: on the other hand, regarding your diet, lemon will start to regulate your digestive system, but you could facilitate this process as well.