Lose Weight Effectively with the Oat Diet
With the oat diet, you can stimulate burning stored fat to lose weight in a short amount of time. Because of its restrictive nature, it's for short-term use only and not extending it for too long.
The oat diet has become very popular in recent years since it’s a rapid and effective way to shed a few pounds. Although it’s a detoxing plan, meaning that it should only be used for a few days, it’s become a great way to lose weight.
First of all, it’s important to improve your overall food habits, and following this plan can help stimulate “fat burning” just before the summer or a special event.
Oats, as one of the most complete grains, gives you nutrients that boost your metabolic activity, digestion, and other important processes that help intervene in you body mass index (BMI).
What does the oat diet consist of? What are their benefits for weight loss?
Considering that many people want to try it, we’ll tell you all about this food and diet plan.
What is the Oat Diet and What Are its Benefits?
Regularly consuming oats is one of the habits that contribute to improving your body weight. Including it in a balanced dietary plan helps you improve digestion and prolong the sensation of being full between meals.
The oat diet proposes a detoxifying plan to lose weight and inches in a few days. It’s a regimen with a nutritional value that’s lower than what your body requires, which is why it should not be applied for more than 5 days.
It basically consists of including this grain in all of your main meals in the day. Along with this, you’re advised to eat foods that are low in calories like fruits, vegetables, and lean meats.
While you’re on this diet, you can’t consume other sources of carbohydrates like rice, legumes, or pasta. Additionally, you should eliminate all sources of saturated fat and sugar.
Benefits of the Oat Diet
Including oats in your main foods for the day has many benefits for your weight and health.
In addition to being an effective plan to detox your body and “increase” your metabolism’s rhythm, the oat diet has important benefits that are worth mentioning:
- It’s very low in calories and has a filling effect that helps prevent feeling anxious.
- Oats are an important source of energy that contribute to maintaining a good physical and mental performance.
- The carbohydrates in this food are absorbed slowly, which prevents high peaks in your blood sugar.
- Oats have unsaturated fats, also called “good fats” which benefit your cardiovascular and cerebral health.
- It’s ideal to stimulate the elimination of retained liquids, given that it has a diuretic effect on your body.
- Thanks to its significant amount of dietary fiber, it boosts digestive functions and prevents constipation.
Despite this, it’s important that you remember that this regimen doesn’t fulfill the characteristics of a balanced diet and, therefore, should not be extended for a long time.
The Oat Diet to Lose 3 to 5 Pounds in 5 Days
The effects from the oat diet can vary from person to person, depending on your age and metabolism. It’s not recommended for adolescents nor the elderly since it can be too restrictive.
There are many dietary models to reap the benefits of oats. However, in this case, we’ll give you some lightly balanced menus so that it isn’t too extreme.
- Three tablespoons of oats, a cup of skim milk, and a tablespoon of raisins.
- One cup of oat, vegetable milk and banana smoothie.
- A bowl of oats with ground tree nuts and raisins.
- Three tablespoons of oats and a cup of chopped fruit.
- A cup of greek yogurt with two tablespoons of oats.
- A medium green vegetable salad, dressed with olive oil and pepper to taste; a tablespoon of oats and a small portion of chicken.
- Oat soup and a portion of grilled chicken breast.
- Three tablespoons of oatmeal and a bowl of mixed salad with shredded chicken.
- Three tablespoons of oatmeal and a salad with tomato, lettuce, and asparagus.
- A medium plate of stir-fried vegetables, a portion of chicken, and a cup of oat milk.
- One greek yogurt with two tablespoons of oats and an apple.
- A bowl of green salad and a cup of skim milk with oats.
- Chicken soup with vegetables and three tablespoons of oatmeal.
- A portion of chicken, a plate of steamed vegetables and three tablespoons of oats.
- A bowl of spinach salad with a cooked egg and a cup of oatmeal.
Morning and Afternoon Snacks
- A cup of oatmeal and a handful of tree nuts.
- One chopped apple with a tablespoon of oats.
- An oat smoothie with strawberries and bananas.
- A bowl of oatmeal.
- Fruit salad of your favorite fruits.
Just like with other regimens, the oat diet can have some side effects during and after you do it. You might have a rebound effect after finishing it, where some people regain some weight after returning to their regular dietary habits.
To avoid gaining weight back and losing the results you achieved, it’s important that you follow a balanced diet and control the calories you eat and drink after finishing this plan.