Lose a Little Weight by Drinking Smoothies Once a Week
Some people think of smoothies as something that packs on the pounds because of their high sugar and fat content. But if you use the right ingredients, you can make a delicious, creamy, sweet smoothies that can help you lose weight even just by drinking them once a week. Keeping reading to find out more!
Health benefits of drinking smoothies once a week to lose weight
- Smoothies give you the option to mix several ingredients together. That also means you can include things you don’t normally like, because you won’t be able to taste them as much.
- Most people don’t usually chew their food as thoroughly as they should. Luckily, that’s not an issue with smoothies, the liquid will make it to your digestive tract much more easily.
- Because of their thick consistency, smoothies can satisfy hunger cravings
- You can combine different foods based on what you like and what your body needs most.
- You can also add natural supplements to smoothies. Doing this makes them even more nutritious and healthy.
- Smoothies contain the carbohydrates, protein, and fats that the body needs for efficient energy production
- Smoothies can make for a good break after a a period of excessive food consumption
How do you make them?
First, pick a day of the week where you don’t have to make too much physical or mental effort, because your body will be working hard to detox and regenerate itself.
Drink approximately three to ten smoothies throughout the day. It’s important not to starve yourself, but you also need to wait an appropriate amount of time between smoothies to allow for thorough digestion.
You might like:
Drink them slowly, savoring and even chewing parts of the blended beverage. For people who are more used to eating solid food, you can have make a thicker smoothie and eat it out of a bowl.
It’s best to do this on the same day every week, so that your body can get used to the cleansing routine.
Always avoid tobacco products or other unhealthy habits.
During the day, do gentle exercise like yoga, tai-chi, breathing exercises, meditation, relaxation, etc. You can also go on light walks on the beach or short hikes.
Along with drinking your smoothies, drink plenty of water throughout the day if you want it to help you lose weight. This will help your body clean out its systems even more. To do that, you can also drink detoxifying teas. For example:
- To strengthen the liver: make a tea with milk thistle, dandelion, boldo leaf, and artichoke.
- To detox the kidneys: make a tea with burdock root and horsetail grass.
- To improve bowel function: try sin and linseed oil.
- To purify the skin: use nettle.
- To soothe the nervous system: mix passion flower, lime, and valerian root.
Making the smoothies
Here are some of the ingredients to use if you’re going to try this drinking smoothies once a week plan to lose weight. To avoid problems with digestion, don’t use more than one ingredient from each category:
- Fresh fruit: apple, pear, pineapple, strawberry, papaya
- Ripe banana
- Baby spinach
- Ripe avocado
- Ground nuts: almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, hazelnuts
- Dried fruit: plums, raisins, dates
- Plant-based milk (oat, rice, soy), natural, fresh apple juice, or water
- Brewer’s yeast: excellent supplement for the skin, hair, nails, and nervous system. It also provides energy.
- Wheat germ: wheat germ is a great antioxidant, and a good source of vitamin E.
- Powdered bee pollen: this is a nutritious superfood that helps fight fatigue and exhaustion, while boosting the body’s natural defenses.
- Cold pressed flax seed oil: this oil is rich in fatty acids.
- Extra virgin coconut oil: this highly nutritious oil will add a delicious, subtly sweet flavor to smoothies.
- Spirulina powder: spirulina is one of the best superfoods out there. Adding a little bit to a smoothie won’t change its taste, although it will give the smoothie a green color.
- Wheat grass powder: this is a great cleansing agent and also a good source of minerals.
To make it sweeter, choose one of the following:
- Golden syrup
- Maple syrup
Or, sometimes, a ripe banana can add just the right sweetness to your smoothie, so give that a try, too!It might interest you...